*UNOFFICIAL* OCC Folding@Home Contest

RJR

Nah, just fah6 -smp 7 when I startup (-smp 8 if I'm not using my GPU's). I have the WU size set to "big" if that matters. I'm using the 6.30 console client.

I have the WU size set to "big" as well on both my 860 and 950. My 860 is on WU 2685 and my 950 is on WU 2686, both are taking about 2 and a half days to finish. Not sure if the bigadv flag is the reason for this or not.

Up to you, be glad to add it to the pool, let me know for sure. I've got an 8800GT in there so I sure can't say anything about your 9800GX2 :)

Anyone with a GTX460/470/480 getting the 6800/6811 WU's ? They have killed my PPD for my GTS450; 6800 (7202 pointer) takes just a hair over a day to complete, 6811 (1298 pointer) a little over 3 hours.

There goes the great PPD for the budget cards, I'll have to step it a bit hardware wise now with these new WUs.

Put the 9800 in the pool for sure! One thing to note though, I dont have the plastic cover for it. I made the mistake of setting it on the floor while I was changing thermal paste and my bro stepped on it :ouch: still works great though.

both of my 480's are running the 6800 WU now but they are only taking about 2 hours to complete. I have never seen the 6811 though.

Edited by Water_Hazard

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the 9800 in the pool for sure! One thing to note though, I dont have the plastic cover for it. I made the mistake of setting it on the floor while I was changing thermal paste and my bro stepped on it :ouch: still works great though.

Cool, will get it up, I'm sure someone will love it with or without the cover, Thanks.

both of my 480's are running the 6800 WU now but they are only taking about 2 hours to complete. I have never seen the 6811 though.

That would be 16K PPD for each card, nice!

Yeah, I messed up my post and reversed the two, the 6800 is the 1298 pointer and the 6811 is the 7202 pointer, my GTS450 is working on it's second 6811 now, 24+ hours to complete. :O

I got straight 6800's for about two days before the 6811's showed up, if you could let us know how fast the 480 does the 6811 when they show up that would be great.

It sounds like something is wrong with my setup. :dunno: I checked all the config settings and they are low priority 100% usage 8 threads big units. Whats wrong?

I looked at your F@H numbers on extremeoverclocking.com. I believe your low PPD is due to not folding 24/7, since I'm noticing a pretty sizable gap between each work unit completed. If you miss the preferred deadline, you'll lose your bonus since you need to get 80% of WU's back on time to be eligible for the bonus. If you are folding 24/7, is there something else on your computer that could be taking up a lot of processor time (video encoding, gaming, spyware)?

The rules for the bonus (if I recall correctly) are:

- Fold with a passkey

- Have 10+ SMP work units completed

- Return 80% or more before the preferred deadline

Also, the quicker the WU gets done, the bigger the bonus!

i'm officially throwing in my Thermalright True Rev.C 1366 for this unofficial contest. USA only for paperwork and cost reasons

only get whats in the photo, no box.

on i side note i like how OCC folding has almost doubled since this contest started and it hasn't even started http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=12772

Edited by hornybluecow

I did not realize they had a deadline. I turn my comp off most nights as i cant stand the hum of high cfm fans all night. I'll try leaving it on a couple nights a week. Plus i have to quit it every time i game. (i play minecraft exclusively and its very CPU intensive.)

Up to you, be glad to add it to the pool, let me know for sure. I've got an 8800GT in there so I sure can't say anything about your 9800GX2 :)

Anyone with a GTX460/470/480 getting the 6800/6811 WU's ? They have killed my PPD for my GTS450; 6811 (7202 pointer) takes just a hair over a day to complete, 6800 (1298 pointer) a little over 3 hours.

There goes the great PPD for the budget cards, I'll have to step it a bit hardware wise now with these new WUs.

My GTX 460's are getting the 6800 work units at the moment and doing 9044 PPD each.

My GTX 460's are getting the 6800 work units at the moment and doing 9044 PPD each.

My GTS450 is chewing away on another 6811, it's down to about 7K. I'll have to wait until the WU finishes tomorrow afternoon and remove the -advmethods flag to see if the 6811's stop, but the 6800's only get a little more.

Maybe the Egg will have a black friday super sale, GTX580 for $400 or something :lol:

ugh i spelled my name wrong so one of my card was giving homrybluecow points. lame, but atlest it was for the team.

also how are you pulling 120k per week RJR? more than by whats in your sig i would think.

edit: nvm i simply forgot i'm pulling that much a week lol anyone miss the days of single core cpus and Ati cards were the only things that could fold?

Edited by hornybluecow

ugh i spelled my name wrong so one of my card was giving homrybluecow points. lame, but atlest it was for the team.

:D

And for Stanford, one of these days they are going to crack the code on some illness and make everyone feel really good about the contributions they have made by folding for all these years. :)

:D

And for Stanford, one of these days they are going to crack the code on some illness and make everyone feel really good about the contributions they have made by folding for all these years. :)

Don't other research labs work with Stanford and put up WU for them? It would be kind of silly if only Stanford had access to all this computing power. Does anyone know if they released a statement about how much processing power the community is currently contributing?