*UNOFFICIAL* OCC Folding@Home Contest

RJR

OCC's Folding Team (12772) has a little over 1500 members, but the active roster is getting kinda slim these days so maybe a small incentive will help get a few more folders active.

Ok, up for grabs are two video cards (SEE BELOW FOR PRIZES), an EVGA 8800GT and an EVGA GTS250.

The 8800GT gets about 4,000 PPD, and the GTS250 brings in about 6,000 PPD, so they're still worth doing a little folding with, especially since they will be shipped to you free of charge just for folding for a few weeks.

All that is required for a chance to win a free video card is to be an OCC member (easy to join if your not a member, PLEASE specify your location) and active OCC (Team 12772) Folder for 4 weeks between 11/20/10 and 12/17/10.

EDIT: El Capitan, Waterhazard and Hornybluecow have generously added to the prize pool (see below). El Capitan has also stated that he is willing to ship one overseas or Canada (if needed), SO, no more US only restriction, ALL folders welcome, near and far. Thanks, El Capitan, Waterhazard and Hornybluecow!

Prize pool: Grand prize: 2 EVGA GTS250's and SLI bridge (Cont US)

- SpeedCrazy

Second prize: 1 MSI GTS250 (available to ship anywhere)

- TheWacoKid

Third prize: 1 9800gx2 (missing cover but still a great card, US)

- InCrysis

Fourth prize: 1 EVGA 8800GT (Cont US only)

- Camaro_Dude15

Fifth prize: Thermalright True rev C 1366 cpu cooler (US only)

- Slick2500

Sixth prize: Mystery Power Supply (UK only shipping)

- ?, any UK folders let me know

Seventh prize: Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer CPU Cooler (US)

- Renigade

The ONLY prize eligible for Canadian/International shipping is the MSI GTS250, also the Mystery PSU will be UK only, if this changes I will post it.

The names of all active folders for the time specified will be placed in a hat and seven names will be picked out. The winners will be posted the night of 12/18/10 and notified via: PM/Email.

That's it, wish it could be more but that's all I've got right now. These are good used cards and this is a personal contest and not sponsored by OCC.

Prizes supplied by: RJR: (1) EVGA GTS250 (1) EVGA 8800GT

El Capitan: (1) EVGA GTS250 (1) MSI GTS250 (1) SLI Bridge

Water Hazard: (1) 9800gx2

Hornybluecow: (1) Thermalright True rev C 1366 Cooler

Paulktreg: (1) Mystery Power Supply

The Hippi: (1) Core Contact Freezer Cooler

Keep Folding and good luck.

post-65878-12897521540721_thumb.jpg

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i'm, i got two 285s max out clocks ready to fold. i'm also guessing it doesn't matter how many points as long as you are folding correct?

Edited by hornybluecow

am i'm, i got two 285s max out clocks ready to fold. i'm also guessing it doesn't matter how many points as long as you are folding correct?

Every point counts, doesn't matter how many you produce for this contest.

Stanford can use all the points we can muster though, so for the big picture, the more points the better.