RJR

*UNOFFICIAL* OCC [email protected] Contest

Are you setup correctly? My 930 @ 4 ghz gives around 14-17k ppd depending on the work unit.

??? My 930 @ stock got me 19882 points since istarted about 1 month ago. I use the same as EL_CAPITAN "FAH6.30-win32-SMP"

I'm no expert on CPU folding but that doesn't seem too good especially for a i7? (I can get 18000~24000 points, work unit dependent, in one day on two GTX 460's.)

??? My 930 @ stock got me 19882 points since istarted about 1 month ago. I use the same as EL_CAPITAN "FAH6.30-win32-SMP"

Are y'all using the -bigadv flag with your passkey? after 12 WU's using these, you are suppose to start getting bonus points. When I fold on my cpu non stop on 7 threads I usually net around 15k ppd

I have never used the bigadv flag. I get about 1 WU a day when i fold non stop on 8 cores.

1 WU for me usually takes about 2-2.5 days and usually give me about 40k points.

And thats on 7 threads. all 8 usually give about 60k points but I leave one for the gpu's

Edited by Water_Hazard

Are you setup using a passkey, if you're getting points that low? The bonus points from a passkey are huuuuge!

I haven't been using the -bigadv flag lately, there seems to be a huge shortage of bigadv units so I took it off for the time being.

I haven't been using the -bigadv flag lately, there seems to be a huge shortage of bigadv units so I took it off for the time being.

Did not know that.. I stopped folding on my cpu's for a while cause of the heat and just started them back a few days ago. Haven't noticed anything unusual but I might try taking that flag out when they finish the current wu. Are you using any other flags endorphiend?

I am using a passkey and all 8 threads at 100%. That score i posted is all i have made on 27 WUs folding on and off depending on the temperature.

My Sig is off by 1 WU. How odd. :huh:

Edited by SpeedCrazy

I am using a passkey and all 8 threads at 100%. That score i posted is all i have made on 27 WUs folding on and off depending on the temperature.

My Sig is off by 1 WU. How odd. :huh:

Thats odd that you aren't getting the big WUs. I wouldn't worry about the sig being off, it takes a while to update. Mine is off by 14 WUs :biggrin:

Oh and RJR Please don't put my name in the hat for the prizes. I would much rather see it go to a person who needs it.

I have a 9800gx2 I would be willing to put in the prize pool if anyone would actually want it.

Edited by Water_Hazard

Did not know that.. I stopped folding on my cpu's for a while cause of the heat and just started them back a few days ago. Haven't noticed anything unusual but I might try taking that flag out when they finish the current wu. Are you using any other flags endorphiend?

Nah, just fah6 -smp 7 when I startup (-smp 8 if I'm not using my GPU's). I have the WU size set to "big" if that matters. I'm using the 6.30 console client.

Right now I have a crappy WU (project 6701) and am getting ~10,000 PPD. Unit's worth 6000 points, but gonna take about 14 hours to finish.

I have a 9800gx2 I would be willing to put in the prize pool if anyone would actually want it.

Up to you, be glad to add it to the pool, let me know for sure. I've got an 8800GT in there so I sure can't say anything about your 9800GX2 :)

Anyone with a GTX460/470/480 getting the 6800/6811 WU's ? They have killed my PPD for my GTS450; 6811 (7202 pointer) takes just a hair over a day to complete, 6800 (1298 pointer) a little over 3 hours.

There goes the great PPD for the budget cards, I'll have to step it a bit hardware wise now with these new WUs.

It sounds like something is wrong with my setup. :dunno: I checked all the config settings and they are low priority 100% usage 8 threads big units. Whats wrong?