*UNOFFICIAL* OCC Folding@Home Contest

RJR

Oh. I am just folding on my CPU. That power bill rise must not be my fault then.

I currently do not have a GPU supported by Stanford. (hence the reason i need to win this contest =P)

Aha! Well, power usage would go up. But not a noticeable amount. Maybe 15 bucks a month.

Since it's winter, your power bill should be going down (like ours is) and it should be less noticeable.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another prize has been added today for the UK ONLY.

Paulktreg has provided a Mystery Power Supply unit for UK only shipping. With all the PSU reviews he has done, I'm guessing it will be a decent power supply.

Thanks, Paul

Ok, I'll add my Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer to the prize pool. It's basically brand new, as it is incompatible my motherboard, but it's doesn't include the fan, fan controller, or the tx-2. I'll ship anywhere in the lower 48.

post-32575-12908950043964_thumb.jpg

It nice to see how many people have started folding again since this comp started.I just hope their not doing it just for the chance for the prize.

I started up folding again a while back, as soon as the weather cooled down.

I wish I could get both of my cards to fold, then I could have another 4k PPD. :P

Well if you're going to only be folding/physx then I suggest a 450 because this thing is balls to the wall when it comes to folding.

I want to use it for gaming as well. I can't wuite get full settings on my 20" monitor with the 5750.

I want to use it for gaming as well. I can't wuite get full settings on my 20" monitor with the 5750.

i traded my 5750 for a 450 and it plays my games full settings, but they probably arent the same games you play

Edited by camaro_dude15