GTX460 or 6870?

Imagine

How come the 6870 are so damn cheap right now? It seems pretty suspicious to me. The performance doesn't seem to be very different from the GPUs that came before, neither in a good or bad way, so what made them cost 200$ less?

Nvidea does the same thing.......Called competetive pricing. Nvidea released the 460 quite cheap to try to get all the some of the marketshare they lost in 6 months. The 5770 and 5850 gobbled em up for quite sometime, The 460 took over and AMD is positioning themselves to get back. It is a win win for us users.

Edited by Drdeath

The 6870 is NOT my card. The 295 was never in question if you scroll back....woo.gifwoo.gifwoo.gif

I added it to question because while the 6870 is not your card, the 5870 is, and the GTX 295 beat it in any of the benchmarks it was included in.

I wish places would still benchmark that and the 4870x2 in newer benchmarks.

I added it to question because while the 6870 is not your card, the 5870 is, and the GTX 295 beat it in any of the benchmarks it was included in.

I wish places would still benchmark that and the 4870x2 in newer benchmarks.

At hi res, the GTX 295 does not beat my card and I really do not care.....I run multi monitors and thats why I bought the eyefinity 2G card. Mine will be around much longer than yours. I owned a GTX295 and sold it and I am far beyond it and do not miss it. My 5870 fits my needs well. My i7 kicks the snot out of your Q9450...so there! (just giving a jab back... but it does) keeptyping.gifkeeptyping.gifkeeptyping.gif

In this test, the 5870 beats the 295....http://www.insidehw....285/Page-6.html.. It really depends when the test was done. When a card is new, the drivers aren't matured and sometimes a older card may beat a newer one like mentioned earlier in this thread....

BTW, this discussion is way off topic. Think it is time to "move on".

add_logo.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

At hi res, the GTX 295 does not beat my card and I really do not care.....I run multi monitors and thats why I bought the eyefinity 2G card. Mine will be around much longer than yours. I owned a GTX295 and sold it and I am far beyond it and do not miss it. My 5870 fits my needs well. My i7 kicks the snot out of your Q9450...so there! (just giving a jab back... but it does) keeptyping.gifkeeptyping.gifkeeptyping.gif

In this test, the 5870 beats the 295....http://www.insidehw....285/Page-6.html.. It really depends when the test was done. When a card is new, the drivers aren't matured and sometimes a older card may beat a newer one like mentioned earlier in this thread....

PICTURE!

everyone knows I want a 1366 but my C2Q's still a tickin.

and way to pull up the pre launch propaganda benchmarks lol

I'm not saying the 5870 is worse per say, I'm just saying, Dx11 aside, you can't call the 295 a bad card dude. It still can hold it's own against a 480. ;)

This is a really dick post in response to one of our kindest, most helpful members. I don't have anything to do with this thread but just skimming over this pisses me off. A little more courtesy and maybe a chip/shoulder or stick/@$$ removal surgery might be in order.

This is a really dick post in response to one of our kindest, most helpful members. I don't have anything to do with this thread but just skimming over this pisses me off. A little more courtesy and maybe a chip/shoulder or stick/@$$ removal surgery might be in order.

I'm not bent out of shape at all, or taking any of it to heart. I wont argue with the processor comparison, I know what is right and what is wrong :happy:

Move your e-peen's to the battlefield!

I don't have a 295, but I can't wait to compete once I get my system back up and running (I recently got the shipping notice for my PSU coming back so the fun should resume)

• Like 1

I don't have a 295, but I can't wait to compete once I get my system back up and running (I recently got the shipping notice for my PSU coming back so the fun should resume)

Once I get my HD 5870 2GB and overclock it, I can duel with that. I can also duel with a solo GTX 460 1GB overclocked for comparison as well.