GTX460 or 6870?

Imagine

My 5970 goes from 725mhz core to 1000mhz core which is a 38% overclock and the memory from 1000mhz to 1300mhz which is a 30% overclock so I dont see your point :rolleyes:

Lol , I can only say that you get what you pay for . I am also selling my 5970, but to upgrade to a 6990

You dont even know my 3D Mark 06 Score :P

You seem to be very proud of your GTX460's , care for a duel ?

Why does your sig say 920/1250?

Not stable for everything at 1000/1300?

Why does your sig say 920/1250?

Not stable for everything at 1000/1300?

Because 920/1250 are my gaming clocks. I dont like running it maxed but I can do it for benchmarks, it just takes a lot of voltage to get it there and temps get quite high. Im sure I'd be able to beat his 460's even at my gaming clock.

3dmark is cpu limited hahahah higher clocks on ur cpu = higher overall scores lol i get 24k on it.. so according to that, ur system is what 6k points better or 30% faster?? lol unfortunately its not hahah not even close to that :)

run vantage and post ur GPU scores :)

Because you say crossfire only , I'd say go 6870 since its the same performance and a little more expensive but more future-friendly.

Haha! Did you say future proof? We'll see when real dx11 games come out (not this piss poor optimized metro 2033) even in dirt 2 nvidia had the advantage. Also we'll see when 3d mark 11 comes out how a gtx 460 sli will pwn the ati 5970 and even most likely the 6990 seeing how amd did not do much about tessellation then make it better in tess factors upto 12

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/tess-performance1.png

And dont scream fanboy until 3d mark 11 comes out. If amd wins then I will certainly concede and say ati has won this generation otherwise :rolleyes:

coz of a chart?? that shows nothing???? did u forget the 6870 doesnt replace thje 5870??? it replaces the 5770... and it kills the 5770 in tessalation???

lol fool

You're the fool. Even though it's meant to replace the 5770 price wise it is similar to the 5850. And still nvidia owns ati in tessellation. But I still hate nvidia for their inefficient garbage. Why can't ati use their shaders to help with tessellation? They have an architecture which is so much better than nvidia but they don't want to take full advantage of it :(

Who's the fool, the fool or the fool who reply's to the fool? .. Fools.. either help the OP or stop posting. :glare:

(and yes i know i replied.. lol)

To the OP, its a tough choice to be honest i think id just go with the cheaper of the 2 a both are great cards

Edited by SenitaL

ok well its not even priced the same as a 5850 ($400+ vs $315)when it was first released but we'll go with that...

i already helped the OP by saying price/performance 460 ftw.. this is probably the 3rd or 4th post i say this...

but assuming the top end range cards r gonna be crap is just stupid because the new midrange cards, . on the old top range cards.. very ignorant comment made on ur behalf..

while both r mid range cards, the 460 does have better OC'ing.. but i dont know if its driver related or hardware..

But then again, stock for stock, the new ati range is eating up the nvidia stuff with ease as well as atis old top end stuff.. which is great for new vid card buyers.. n not so good for me.. lol

as far as tessalation goes, nvidia has the better gear atm considering that the midrange stuff with ati has improved drastically, we can only wait n see how the top end gear goes instead of guessing bull crap..

i can only hope that ati/amd pulls finger and does something with it because atm, theyre getting spanked by nvidia

Haha! Did you say future proof? We'll see when real dx11 games come out (not this piss poor optimized metro 2033) even in dirt 2 nvidia had the advantage. Also we'll see when 3d mark 11 comes out how a gtx 460 sli will pwn the ati 5970 and even most likely the 6990 seeing how amd did not do much about tessellation then make it better in tess factors upto 12

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/tess-performance1.png

And dont scream fanboy until 3d mark 11 comes out. If amd wins then I will certainly concede and say ati has won this generation otherwise :rolleyes:

I was refering to the option that he can crossfire on his motherboard and not to have to rely on SLi hacks that might not even work !

That means HE CAN UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE ON HIS CURRENT MOTHERBOARD AS IT IS CROSSFIRE ONLY MAKING IT MORE FUTURE-FRIENDLY.

Hope I cleared it up.

Dude , I've owned a 480 so dont come and tell me Im a fanboy.

Go away fool , your not helping

Edited by Nyt Ryda

Because 920/1250 are my gaming clocks. I dont like running it maxed but I can do it for benchmarks, it just takes a lot of voltage to get it there and temps get quite high. Im sure I'd be able to beat his 460's even at my gaming clock.

so 920/1250 is the fastest you can go stock voltage??

so 920/1250 is the fastest you can go stock voltage??

I havent tested stock volts of 1050mV but I think I can get to 800mhz and 1150mhz but will test it out sometime.

At 5870 voltage of 1137mV I can get to 940mhz 1260mhz

At extreme voltage of 1300mV I can get to 1000mhz and 1300mhz but gets very hot in summer as in mid 90 degrees full load

When its winter in my country next June , Im sure I can get it up to 1050mhz and 1350mhz or higher.

I wish I had an AC :cry: