GTX460 or 6870?

Imagine

everyone knows I want a 1366 but my C2Q's still a tickin.

and way to pull up the pre launch propaganda benchmarks lol

I'm not saying the 5870 is worse per say, I'm just saying, Dx11 aside, you can't call the 295 a bad card dude. It still can hold it's own against a 480. wink.gif

never said it was bad. It is a great card , just outdated due to the DX11 cards.

ivy.. give up.. he finds the only reviews where hes right and the rest of us are wrong.. no point arguing when we all know the truth and he lives in his fail reviews smile.gif

295 = ftw

Common knowledge 5870 2G does better at high res. Quit trolling.evilgrin.gifevilgrin.gifevilgrin.gif

Edited by Drdeath

My 5970 goes from 725mhz core to 1000mhz core which is a 38% overclock and the memory from 1000mhz to 1300mhz which is a 30% overclock so I dont see your point :rolleyes:

Lol , I can only say that you get what you pay for . I am also selling my 5970, but to upgrade to a 6990

You dont even know my 3D Mark 06 Score :P

You seem to be very proud of your GTX460's , care for a duel ?

Nyt, my point was about the OCing ability of the 6900 series, not your 5970! I thought I was clear about this, sorry if not :)

So my original point on this topic before it got completely derailed, was the 460 has much more OCing headroom than the 6870. The 5-10% OC on the 6870 is extremely disappointing to me. Also it has been mentioned about the 6870 drivers being so new and "just wait" BUT, to play devils advocate here, I have been an ATi fanboy since the X800 lol, and I'm still waiting for ATI or AMD now to come out with some good drivers! So if you want to hold yer breath waiting for AMD to release some good drivers for the new 6000 series lineup, then I will call 911 when you pass out ;) But, I'm sure anyone with an ATI card can tell you what driver version they currently use, and I highly doubt it is the most recent!

So again I vote for the GTX 460 over the 6870 - Based on OC ability, drivers, and a very small, but always positive price difference!

Edited by SpeedwayNative