GTX460 or 6870?

Imagine

but its not better... Most reviews show the 6870 beats the 470 in most games... the 470 isnt the way to go..

unless u overclock.. it over clocks better and gives u more headroom.. but stock for stock.. amds midrange . is just annihilating the rest of the crop.. with ease..

and thats just the midrange stuff... can only guess how much better the high end will be.. and im sure nvidia has something coming too..

6870 does NOT beat the 470 in most games.... The 6850 and 6870 are pretty much the entry level cards from AMD in the 6000 series. Somewhere in the 6900 series will be AMD's signature card.

http://www.pureoverc...rticle1115.html

visiontek_6870_vantagep.jpgvisiontek_6870_hawx21680.jpg

visiontek_6870_lp21680.jpgvisiontek_6870_avp1680.jpg

visiontek_6870_pripyat1680.jpgvisiontek_6870_cod61680.jpg

visiontek_6870_re51680.jpgvisiontek_6870_warhead1680.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2010/10/22/ati-radeon-hd-6870-review/9

that review, the 6870 performs as well if not better at most games than the 470..

and this one too Guru3D

and here too techspot

and ur showing a nice low resolution too..

and Hawx 2?? thats not even out yet.. how did they benchmark it?

LOL in synthetic and games most never play or heard of... There is only 1 or 2 mainstream games it beats the 470 and marginal. I am not a nvidea fanboy and love AMD/ATI but if you disect a review you will see the 470 is a better card but like mentioned, the 6859/6870 are pretty much entry cards at this point. As you see by the screen shots I posted, these games are mainstream games most credible sources benchmark. Not Arma II...LOL

The last link you posted by techspot shows the 470 a clear winner. You 1st link is really not a great review with the lame banchmarks tested. Your links pretty much comfirm my statement.

Edited by Drdeath

yes ur totally right.. the last link proves that ur right... :-S

4 wins outright wins in all resolutions

and the other ones it couldnt win at all res it won at the highest levels..

metro it only lost in the lowest res.. (For the first time during our testing, the Radeon HD 6870 overpowered the Radeon HD 5870. At 1920x1200, the Radeon HD 6870 was 10% faster than the Radeon HD 5870 and 32% faster than the Radeon HD 5850. The Radeon HD 6870 also led the GeForce GTX 470 by 6%, while it was 10% faster than the GeForce GTX 460 (1GB). )

same deal splinter cell.... u obviously cant read..

Stalker was the ONLY game that the 470 had total control..

THATS IT! hahahhaah

im not nvidia fanboy obviously but u cant put down a card that is clearly superior.. especially when it comes down to price/performance

and if u havent heard of many of those games.. u need to get on the net a lil more often as they are all very popular games.. AvP, crysis, COD4, Just cause 2??? u havent heard of them??? only a couple?? what about Far cry 2?? or BF2?? cmon dude.. atleast get with the program..

Edited by mattyamdfanboi

im not nvidia fanboy obviously but u cant put down a card that is clearly superior.. especially when it comes down to price/performance

and power consumption!!

cuz if you want even better performance for cheaper like me, get a 4870x2. It's 5870 level performance at the cost of inefficiency and the occasional new release that doesn't have good scaling off the bat...but I've found one for $145 instead of $250+ like the 470 and no Dx11 is not a selling point at this time

huh?? u saying the new amd cards are not as power efficient as the older gen?? ur nuts.. they use less power lol

470 = fail..

460 = win

480 = win if u like high power bills.. lmao

ya I just meant in the 470's case, the gtx 295 can be found for like $260 or cheaper and performs at or above 480 performance and may or may not be more efficient :lol:

You know, I've often wondered... what makes a card DX11 compatible? Hardware's hardware, right? DirectX is software. Wouldn't it seem possible to trigger a GTX 295 to be DX11 compatible with a firmware update?

And those 6870 benches were only with early drivers when the GTX470 has had months to improve

Read the OCC Review and the 6870 is on par or a tiny bit below a 470 in nearly all the gamind benches. I find that good considering the 6870 is mid-range and is on preliminary drivers.

P.S dont argue with Drdeath, I've seen him in many arguements and he never wants to be proven wrong , it really just kills the thread to see people argueing .

Edited by Nyt Ryda

And those 6870 benches were only with early drivers when the GTX470 has had months to improve

Read the OCC Review and the 6870 is on par or a tiny bit below a 470 in nearly all the gamind benches. I find that good considering the 6870 is mid-range and is on preliminary drivers.

P.S dont argue with Drdeath, I've seen him in many arguements and he never wants to be proven wrong , it really just kills the thread to see people argueing .

Benchies above prove the 470 is better. It is either better or it isn't. there is no inbetween. It really isn't a tiny bit but not far off if you compare major benchmarks that most tests are done...If you read the thread, I agree the 6870 is basically a entry level and it actually does not perform bad and not far off the 470. Just stating a fact jack. I am so glad you agree with me.....

Edited by Drdeath