Bioshock: Infinite

Andrewr05

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm disappointed in infinite . it's become another boring shooter . being a huge fan of 1 and 2 ( beating them multiple times ) . so far my impression is they feed us garbage compared to the 2 prior .

I have yet to beat it but I don't know how much my statement will change . well at lest I know how the 100million in marketing was spent ...

Well I finished it and believe it is an excellent game.
I never played much of Bioshock 1 as I didn't like the claustrophobic environment and I love Infinite.
Gameplay is excellent, graphics are excellent and story is excellent.

I'm making a let's play series of this game on 1999 mode in HD. If anyone is interested this is my channel: www.youtube.com/sackpatrolHD 

I never got the point of "Let's play" videos on youtube. Isn't the whole point of video games to play them yourself? Why should you sit there and watch someone else play them and ruin the game for you? Its like movie spoilers... 

Go out and buy the game and play it! 

I'm disappointed in infinite . it's become another boring shooter . being a huge fan of 1 and 2 ( beating them multiple times ) . so far my impression is they feed us garbage compared to the 2 prior .

I have yet to beat it but I don't know how much my statement will change . well at lest I know how the 100million in marketing was spent ...

I would disagree, I am almost finished with the game and I was surprised at how much better it was than Rapture. To me Rapture was more of a horror story, and I hate horror movies. Columbia is so vivant and sprawling with life, and it feels like it is an actual living breathing city. Rapture was dead, and dark.

One thing I have noticed is how there seems to be a lot less back tracking in this game, which is good. Personally I dont like going back to a place I cleared out 20 minutes ago and having to clear it out again. There are some fights that do take place like this but it isn't overdone like it was in Rapture. 

• Like 1

So I just finished the game, and I must say the ending was pretty interesting and will take some time to be digested fully...

I am a little disappointed though, my initial post was when I was a few hours into the game. After completing it, It didn't really deliver onto what was promised a few years back...

If you watch this trailer, you see a much more interactive city to use and explore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU

In the final game the levels are more limited, and scaled back... 

I kind of agree with Green a bit, I'm not terribly far in yet but so far the game has felt fairly linear and limited.

All the same though, I'm loving the game so far. I'm just happy to finally have a good single player FPS to play again, they are far too rare anymore.

I'll have to finish it some day when I find it for $20. I played it some more and it feels very linear. Maybe the PC version is better? I spent most of the game killing guards not knowing why or what I was doing. I didn't get to the plot if it had one.

Edited by hornybluecow

pc version is always better. :>

did you pick up the audio logs scattered around? they provide some insight to what is going on around you even though some of them are a bit cryptic. I'm almost done with the game but I think the story was well delivered (can't say about the actual quality of it yet) as it's not intrusive and you can either explore the world and find out more about what's happening or just ignore it and focus on gameplay. Reminds me of half-life.