Bioshock: Infinite

Andrewr05

Okay, so I finished the game some days ago and I just can't comprehend the ending fully it seems. Wondering if anyone here can help me make sense of it.

Mainly what I want to understand is the order of events, I've tried looking it up and everywhere I see that the order events go something like this. Wounded Knee>Baptism>Anna's Birth, now what I'm wondering is how is it possible for that the be the right order? The after credits clip would suggest that is wrong though, obviously you can't see inside the crib but you do hear sounds and regardless of whether she's there or not, Booker is clearly still alive. This event takes place after the baptism though, and since Booker was drowned at that time, he can't be alive during that scene.

I can't find any good explanations for all this, maybe there's just something there in the quantum mechanics that explains it all but if so, I don't think the game touched on it enough to explain it. I certainly don't know anything or enough about such things to make sense of it.

Edited by Deathmineral

Okay, so I finished the game some days ago and I just can't comprehend the ending fully it seems. Wondering if anyone here can help me make sense of it.

Mainly what I want to understand is the order of events, I've tried looking it up and everywhere I see that the order events go something like this. Wounded Knee>Baptism>Anna's Birth, now what I'm wondering is how is it possible for that the be the right order? The after credits clip would suggest that is wrong though, obviously you can't see inside the crib but you do hear sounds and regardless of whether she's there or not, Booker is clearly still alive. This event takes place after the baptism though, and since Booker was drowned at that time, he can't be alive during that scene.

I can't find any good explanations for all this, maybe there's just something there in the quantum mechanics that explains it all but if so, I don't think the game touched on it enough to explain it. I certainly don't know anything or enough about such things to make sense of it.

I found that this gives quite a detailed explanation : http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/28/understanding-bioshock-infinites-ending-ending-explanation/

I found that this gives quite a detailed explanation : http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/28/understanding-bioshock-infinites-ending-ending-explanation/

Thanks, that does help, I actually did a lot more searching after I posted last night and found similar explanations, though it took quite a lot of looking. I guess it's just something I can't understand fully, but simply have to accept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKKAkrnT_o8

After watching that and reading some stuff, one can basically say that Bioshock is the universe, and that all of the games that are and potentially will be are Bioshock. Jack = Booker, Ryan = Comstock, Columbia = Rapture just in a different universe. They are the same, but different. 

Its an amazing creative tool, that they can use to spawn endless sequels. Which I think is amazing that they thought about making a game that could explain potential other games within that property... Often times companies are so drawn up in creating sequel after sequel that they forget to explain things. It also makes EVERYTHING canon and or lore if will of the franchise. It accounts for all past games and games that might be...

I think the guy in the video said it best, its kinda an inception moment when you realize that technically everyone playing Bioshock Infinite is essentially playing another universe and is part of that great "multiverse" theory. Its crazy if you thinking about it.... Mind = BLOWN!

This kinda helped me a bit... I still am trying to wrap my head around everything though...

Edited by greengiant912

After watching that and reading some stuff, one can basically say that Bioshock is the universe, and that all of the games that are and potentially will be are Bioshock. Jack = Booker, Ryan = Comstock, Columbia = Rapture just in a different universe. They are the same, but different. 

Its an amazing creative tool, that they can use to spawn endless sequels. Which I think is amazing that they thought about making a game that could explain potential other games within that property... Often times companies are so drawn up in creating sequel after sequel that they forget to explain things. It also makes EVERYTHING canon and or lore if will of the franchise. It accounts for all past games and games that might be...

I think the guy in the video said it best, its kinda an inception moment when you realize that technically everyone playing Bioshock Infinite is essentially playing another universe and is part of that great "multiverse" theory, if you subscribe to that theory then technically this game is a multiplayer game hahaha. Its crazy if you thinking about it.... Mind = BLOWN!

This kinda helped me a bit... I still am trying to wrap my head around everything though...

• 11 months later...