Bioshock: Infinite

Andrewr05

ballist1x likes to participate in class, but does not research :P

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you, MrAlex is the most right person in this silly discussion on Page 3. It's so obvious that if you even read remotely what the game is about.

Let's break the skinny together on this one:

1. Columbia was built by America during its time of excellence (new inventions and etc to show its prowess to the world)

2. The citizens call them patriots, but they are just crazy as the people in Rapture

3. Columbia is a traveling world fair

4. Columbia does something it shouldn't have done and is on the run (hiding in clouds)

5. The citizens aren't a representation of America as the city was originally meant to be (They are crazy and racist. Their slogan is "For Faith, For Race, For Fatherland.")

6. Bioshock Infinite is a sequel to the Bioshock series. However it has not been stated on its relevance to the previous two. It could even be like Final Fantasy, yea its got like 14 sequels yet none of them are related in storyline.

7. Columbia did not fall into the ocean and become Rapture silly. Andrew Ryan was adamant about being anti-America and anti-Russia and anti-everything. Why would he used something built to show America's pride and joy as his own city?

Amazing things can happen when you actually know what you're talking about :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

ballist1x likes to participate in class, but does not research :P

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you, MrAlex is the most right person in this silly discussion on Page 3 that is so obvious that if you even read remotely what the game is about.

Let's break the skinny together on this one:

1. Columbia was built by America during its time of excellence (new inventions and etc to show its prowess to the world)

2. The citizens call them patriots, but they are just crazy as the people in Rapture

3. Columbia is a traveling world fair

4. Columbia does something it shouldn't have done and is on the run (hiding in clouds)

5. The citizens aren't a representation of America as the city was originally meant to be (They are crazy and racist. Their slogan is "For Faith, For Race, For Fatherland.")

6. Bioshock Infinite is a sequel to the Bioshock series. However it has not been stated on its relevance to the previous two. It could even be like Final Fantasy, yea its got like 14 sequels yet none of them are related in storyline.

7. Columbia did not fall into the ocean and become Rapture silly. Andrew Ryan was adamant about being anti-America and anti-Russia and anti-everything. Why would he used something built to show America's pride and joy as his own city.

Amazing things can happen when you actually know what you're talking about :D

It seems that it is you that doesn't read.

I never said that Columbia fell into the ocean and that's what the game is 100%. I said that this could be a way to link the games. It was simply an example that I though of really fast using my imagination. I think that the games and the story will be related in some way, but that's up to the devs to decide. It's just an idea.

For all we know, Bioshock: Infinite could have zero to do with the previos games except for some core gameplay mechanics, and the game could have been named something completely different from Bioshock, and nobody would have ever thought about it being the third installment of the Bioshock games.

Edited by ballist1x

Follow your own advice of not speculating as you do with almost all the games that have yet to be released in every topic. You really aren't good at it.

You specifically wrote:

Maybe not directly, but I think it will relate to the previous Bioshock games in some way. The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe as this city was flying around, something went wrong and it all fell into the ocean and thus Rapture was born. I dunno. Not my job to make the game. Speculation is useless at this stage anyway. I'll just wait and see how it turns out.

Edited by Krazyxazn

*Sigh* okay let me clarify what i meant earlier on by saying the "rapture culture" has been shunted to the clouds.

Yes im perfectly aware this game is set before the events of rapture, what i meant is core elements of the game will just remain the same , its difficult for me to explain but a good example of what i mean is the Jump from Fallout 3 > Fallout new Vegas, its different but the same.. bah i wish i could explain this better but i've just woken up dammit! :doh:

Follow your own advice of not speculating as you do with almost all the games that have yet to be released in every topic. You really aren't good at it.

In this case speculation is useless since there isn't enough information. As for the other games I talk about without playing them, it's not speculation just because I haven't played them, and my opinion won't be any different even if I were to sit and play through every single game I ever comment on. The fact that people disagree when I dis their favorite game for being bad or whatever, is their own problem, not mine.

Yes im perfectly aware this game is set before the events of rapture, what i meant is core elements of the game will just remain the same , its difficult for me to explain but a good example of what i mean is the Jump from Fallout 3 > Fallout new Vegas, its different but the same.. bah i wish i could explain this better but i've just woken up dammit! :doh:

Fallout 3 isn't a very good example since it's all going to be pretty much the same, except some new locations, guns and maybe skins for stuff. You're still in the wasteland, you still have a pipboy, you still do quests and you still do combat the same way you did in Fallout 3, the engine is also the same.

I would even say that New Vegas could have easily been a DLC, be it a little larger. In fact, I did think that it was a DLC for Fallout 3 the first time I found out about it.

Edited by ballist1x

Nah you're fine Sential, I was referring to MrAlex and ballist1x discussion. You are correct that they are trying to make Columbia feel as unique and immersive as Rapture was.

I don't know why they would call the game Bioshock: Infinite if it didn't have more than just core gameplay elements in common with the previous installments. I bet my new 5870 that there will be some sort of connection with the previous Bioshock games story wise.

Games have used the same name before and have not been related other than they represent the same world or mechanics. As I said before it has yet to be announced on its relation to the other two. That doesn't mean they aren't or can't or will be related.

Mind if I chuck something into the kitty?

Bioshock 1 was absolutely renowned for its absolutely unique and brilliant story. Along the lines of Half Life, it's new. No-one had thought of it. The story was amazing. "Would You Kindly" has got to be the one single line in any game that has really punched me in the kidneys the hardest upon finding out what it really meant.

Of course, Yeah, there's the Final Fantasy way of making the Sequel. That's fine. The only thing that'd bug me is that I'd now have to remember a seperate storyline to Bioshock 1 and 2. Perhaps they wont be related in any way.

But then the devs of Bioshock 1 really knew how to shock you. There could be things that link Infinite and Bioshock 1 like, time lapses, or Rapture could actually all be a fabrication of someones imagination because they've spent too long hating America and lounging around in the sun for too long.

What I'm saying is, if you're trying to guess how the devs might, or might not link the two games, you have a higher chance of winning the lottery. Just relax, don't think about it. Let the trailer and gameplay releases, and eventually playing the game itself answer your questions. At the end of the day, it's a video game made by some awesome devs. Don't argue. Have a beer :cheers:

I agree with danrik, we all just need to cool down and drop this bioshock and bioshock infinite linking stuff, especially since there already is solid info given about bioshock infinite to look at. It's not very often that I'm interested in an FPS that gets talked about on here so I would like to see what others think about some of the ideas it already displays.

oh actually now that im awake i can make a better example, the Jump from System shock to Bioshock, there are telltale signs which someone who's played the first can relate to ;)