2010 OCC update feedback thread

I just got an idea from another forum: You know how when you edit it says "post edited by kingdingeling at blablabla", which is all fine, but in a couple of other forums I'm on that function is disabled for like the first minute or two after the post was made, so that if you make a spelling mistake or right after the post changed your mind of what you want to say, you can quickly edit it without it written all over your post...

I've seen that somewhere too, and it certainly makes sense :thumbsup:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully there's a time limit on that, otherwise it removes valid bumping.

The old forum software used to do that, too. I think it was a couple minutes between posts that would keep them separate.

I still have that ability :) It was a donation privilege I think?

Yeah, all staff and donators have that ability, but I was merely advocating for the lil' guys....not to be able to not show the edit line, but rather to have a few minutes of leeway time.

I just got an idea from another forum: You know how when you edit it says "post edited by kingdingeling at blablabla", which is all fine, but in a couple of other forums I'm on that function is disabled for like the first minute or two after the post was made, so that if you make a spelling mistake or right after the post changed your mind of what you want to say, you can quickly edit it without it written all over your post...

I don't see it but it maybe here but in the meantime I have turned on the option for you guys to delete the Edit By (Name) text that comes up.

I think it would be easier to read the forum list if the post info was ordered as title, by whoever, then when it was last posted in. rather than when it was last posted, then the title, then posted by