The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

1986 BMW 325e E30 yeaaaaaah buddy! New project car.. S50 swap here I come! biggrin.gif

Where be them pics?! Also, S50B30 or S50B32? Damn I love the E30, just one of the awesomnest Beamers ever! Having said that, the 325e was a bit on the slow side compared to the 325i ;)

Kaze master scythe fan controller. It is nice and shiny :biggrin:

Any thoughts on the quality of that fan controller?! I've been looking for a good fan controller lately, and i cant seem to find one that doesn't either have low wattage channels, or just really bad reviews on quality.

Super Talent Express DUO 16GB USB 3 Flash drive. It does have one problem though. When I plug it into the USB port on my Logitech G110 keyboard I get a message from windows saying USB Hub power limit exceeded.

Super Talent Express DUO 16GB USB 3 Flash drive. It does have one problem though. When I plug it into the USB port on my Logitech G110 keyboard I get a message from windows saying USB Hub power limit exceeded.

Thats because USB 2.0 Can only provide 500ma, where as USB 3 does 900ma i think.

Thats because USB 2.0 Can only provide 500ma, where as USB 3 does 900ma i think.

It works with the USB 2.0 ports on my computer but 500mA must not be enough to power a backlit keyboard and a USB 3 drive. Either my keyboard doesn't leave much power left over for the USB port on it or USB 3 flash drives are quite power hungry. Makes me want to modify a USB cable to try and measure the current.To me, 900mA doesn't seem like too much until I think of it as 0.9 amps.

It works with the USB 2.0 ports on my computer but 500mA must not be enough to power a backlit keyboard and a USB 3 drive. Either my keyboard doesn't leave much power left over for the USB port on it or USB 3 flash drives are quite power hungry. Makes me want to modify a USB cable to try and measure the current.To me, 900mA doesn't seem like too much until I think of it as 0.9 amps.

Ya, i forgot to explain the keyboard using power thing, but you got it! Sorry! And yeah 0.9 amps is alot, lol.lol2.gif

Where be them pics?! Also, S50B30 or S50B32? Damn I love the E30, just one of the awesomnest Beamers ever! Having said that, the 325e was a bit on the slow side compared to the 325i ;)

It's the 2.7 M20B27 eta motor. I'll get a thread up when me and my brother get cracking on the coolant sensor, exhaust and other things. Car's in amazing shape considering how long it sat for, but in all it just needs to be brought up to date maintenance wise. biggrin.gif

Hoepfully once this car is up to date, then I was thinking of swapping a S52B32 E36 M3 motor but we'll see. Were a LONG time away from that, lol. teehee.gif

Edited by MJCRO

$39 for a 6 Cell Battery for the new laptop. Shipping from Hong Kong, so this could take a week or two :(

Was going to sell this new laptop and buy the higher E-350 model, but that would cost $100-140 if I sold this one for $300 (which seems highly unlikely).