The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

$250 worth of groceries at Aldi, and another $120 at Walmart from my tuition disbursement. While I could have used it to buy something fancy and nice, I decided that being able to eat for the next six months sort of trumped all else :(.

On a plus side, I no longer have to spend $6 a day buying lunch on campus.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

$250 worth of groceries at Aldi, and another $120 at Walmart from my tuition disbursement. While I could have used it to buy something fancy and nice, I decided that being able to eat for the next six months sort of trumped all else :(.

On a plus side, I no longer have to spend $6 a day buying lunch on campus.

Yeah I just spent $75 on groceries, after I told myself I wasn't going to spend anymore money...

I dunno I find that if you spend a . ton on groceries or eat $5-6 per meal it kinda equals out anyways... For a family it makes sense buying groceries but for single people I think its just cheaper to eat out (but healthy ;)

Also just spent $30 on cables from monoprice.com... If you haven't heard of this site you can get cables for cheap $$!!!

Are these one of the pairs you tried on at CES?

No, those were the HD800s. I tried those because I don't have $1k+ to spend on headphones. :P

@Cheeseman, I thought you already had a pair of the HD201s?

And now I have two. :biggrin:

Yeah I just spent $75 on groceries, after I told myself I wasn't going to spend anymore money...

I dunno I find that if you spend a . ton on groceries or eat $5-6 per meal it kinda equals out anyways... For a family it makes sense buying groceries but for single people I think its just cheaper to eat out (but healthy ;)

Considering I can get a meal at Subway for about $7, or make a can of beef and macaroni that cost me $.89, with a slice of bread from a loaf that cost $.99, and be quite happy and full, there's quite the difference there. l2math :P

EDIT: Ontop of that $250 worth of groceries that'll last six months, averaging out to about $1.40 a day... that's a far cry from a $5 meal. Satisfaction and variety will suffer, but my wallet won't.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

I just bought 6 Xigmatek 120mm fans with purple LEDs, 6 monsoon anodized purple compression fittings for my water-cooling lines, and a pink neon tube to light the way =0) I also got a pink "save the boobies" stapler to sit by my pink case just to bug ccokeman!

I just bought 6 Xigmatek 120mm fans with purple LEDs, 6 monsoon anodized purple compression fittings for my water-cooling lines, and a pink neon tube to light the way =0) I also got a pink "save the boobies" stapler to sit by my pink case just to bug ccokeman!

I need more PINK to send you. lol

One for work and one for home? :P

Exactly! I don't want to have to unplug my 555s to listen anywhere aside from my computer. And now I won't have to remember to bring my headphones home from work when I fly on airplanes.

FX 8150

8GB of Corsair XMS3

CoolerMaster V8

MSI 890FXA-GD70

These all arrived today

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

This is supposed to get here tomorrow

So much for a 2011 setup 0.o

IMAG0688.jpg

Considering I can get a meal at Subway for about $7, or make a can of beef and macaroni that cost me $.89, with a slice of bread from a loaf that cost $.99, and be quite happy and full, there's quite the difference there. l2math :P

EDIT: Ontop of that $250 worth of groceries that'll last six months, averaging out to about $1.40 a day... that's a far cry from a $5 meal. Satisfaction and variety will suffer, but my wallet won't.

Its $5 footlong month son! :D Dont buy the drink (water is free :P), and you don't really need chips if your going to eat the whole footlong (thats what she said hahaha).

I eat at subway a lot, I usually just buy a footlong and have that for lunch/dinner...

Like today, I bought a thing Chips Ahoy, and they were gone by the time I got home today (stupid roommates lol, I only had 3 cookies...), I just find that in my situation its cheaper to eat out especially when your roommates eat all the food you buy... BAH!