The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Like today, I bought a thing Chips Ahoy, and they were gone by the time I got home today (stupid roommates lol, I only had 3 cookies...), I just find that in my situation its cheaper to eat out especially when your roommates eat all the food you buy... BAH!

The simple solution is to start charging your roommates for food.

I haven't bought it yet, but I am heavily contemplating picking up a PS Vita...

The simple solution is to start charging your roommates for food.

I haven't bought it yet, but I am heavily contemplating picking up a PS Vita...

Don't do it, just think of the tech standard phones will be running in the next 6-12 months.

Edit: oh and just payed for a few different memberships at uni. Free food nearly everyday BBQs near on every week and free entry and drinks to one of the local pubs every Thursday along with all the other benefits.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Yeah I just spent $75 on groceries, after I told myself I wasn't going to spend anymore money...

I dunno I find that if you spend a . ton on groceries or eat $5-6 per meal it kinda equals out anyways... For a family it makes sense buying groceries but for single people I think its just cheaper to eat out (but healthy ;)

100% agree! People at work give me a bunch of crap for eating out at lunch all the time, and in my defense more than half the time i cook dinner, but i either cook just enough for myself, or my when my room mate gets home. Any left over i had are gone in the morning, which is quite annoying... So I can goto the store and spend $100 on fod, then in 3 days have no food left because my brother(Roommate) eats it all.

So for me its waaay cheaper to just go out, Even if it costs me 6-8 bucks every time. Its totally worth it because it costs me WAAAY more because its impossible to keep food in my apartment.

Don't do it, just think of the tech standard phones will be running in the next 6-12 months.

Edit: oh and just payed for a few different memberships at uni. Free food nearly everyday BBQs near on every week and free entry and drinks to one of the local pubs every Thursday along with all the other benefits.

The Vita is a quad-core device with *gasp* actual, physical game controls. You can't get something remotely similar to Uncharted: Golden Abyss on a smartphone.

Except on Xperia Play :P It is showing it's age(less than a year :lol: why didn't they put in a dual core I mean they were charging 500 euro at the start...)...

True. It is a Sony phone though. :P But still, single core processor won't do many newer games any justice unless Sony makes an Xperia Play 2 later on.

Or if I was a complete jerk I could start limiting their network connectivity :D, but I am not a jerk so...

One of my friends would log into the modem every so often and disable the wireless when his roommates did something stupid. Not saying you could do something like that.. but just a thought. :lol:

The Vita is a quad-core device with *gasp* actual, physical game controls. You can't get something remotely similar to Uncharted: Golden Abyss on a smartphone.

That it may be but IMO the selection of games ain't fantastic and the prices (here in aus at least) are ridiculous $60 for a game. They won't be coming down for some time either I have lots of great games on my iPod that are free because I picked them up in promos. So I have things like asphalt 6 adrenalin, fruit ninja ect and the games I did pay for mainly monopoly, the game of life and PvZ only cost me a couple dollars tops.

Much better portable gaining, if I want something more detailed and involved I do have two laptops and steam library that can come with me anywhere.

Just the way I view it, if the PS vita games where closer to $5, 10 maybe $15 it would become a whole lot more attractive in my eyes at least.

That it may be but IMO the selection of games ain't fantastic and the prices (here in aus at least) are ridiculous $60 for a game. They won't be coming down for some time either I have lots of great games on my iPod that are free because I picked them up in promos. So I have things like asphalt 6 adrenalin, fruit ninja ect and the games I did pay for mainly monopoly, the game of life and PvZ only cost me a couple dollars tops.

Much better portable gaining, if I want something more detailed and involved I do have two laptops and steam library that can come with me anywhere.

Just the way I view it, if the PS vita games where closer to $5, 10 maybe $15 it would become a whole lot more attractive in my eyes at least.

You're talking about games for the Vita not being fantastic. The system just launched outside of Japan. Games for the Vita are under $10 for the US (possibly UK too, haven't checked). Plus, you can get any PSP game available on the PlayStation Store and play it on the Vita, including the Minis to give it that smartphone feel.