Forum Wars Summer 2008 Discussion Thread

jammin

Thanks Jammin and since I am a newbie can someone give me a little advice about what group I might want to participate in?

If you are talking about Team classes, then don't worry about it. That'll all be decided once we get the prelim scores in.

"Picking Rosters: Sep 20th - 26th"

This period is for building the teams.

The prelim phase is there to see who is serious about entering, as well as getting people used to the process of submitting scores.

Edited by jammin

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about Team classes, then don't worry about it. That'll all be decided once we get the prelim scores in.

"Picking Rosters: Sep 20th - 26th"

This period is for building the teams.

The prelim phase is there to see who is serious about entering, as well as getting people used to the process of submitting scores.

Okay thanks Jammin

:lol: :lol:

Is there a laptop class like last time? :P

An exhibition class is what we had last contest, there's no reason why we cant do that again along with the Slacker Class (both are exhibition classes)

The best thing is to get aquainted with HWBot and submit a few scores to get the hang of it, Hokie has a tutorial on the subject at TRP.

I'll do a complete run of all the benchmarks and post a Pre-score for everyone to see in the coming week. you should be able to get it on the new Forum Wars site soon.

Be patient... we have alot to do in the next week and Jammin has his hands full...

oh yaa. a timestamp... is just that, just hold your curser over the time on your (right lower corner) as your getting the screenshot

When you do that, it gives the cops the date of your screenshot to prove it's not an old test.. (this can be cheated, but the penalty is not worth it)

Edited by Raptor1

• 2 weeks later...

If the 4870x2s release on the 12th of aug like planned, and I am lucky enough to snag one on release day, I will be able to join the fun with some hopefully impressive scores. Being dual core will hurt some bench scores, but the higher clockspeed over a quad will hopefully help enough in others.

Won't leave much time for tweaking and testing what it likes and doesn't like, but I should be fine.