Forum Wars Summer 2008 Discussion Thread

jammin

Even if you grab one within a month of release day (provided that actually hit on the 12th), then you'll still be able to take part.

It would be great to have you on the team. :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah isn't it starting at the end of august? BTW I'm now a fully registered as a OCC cop! Also depending on starting dates I may have an asus P5Q3 Delux/WIFI under the hood and these P45's clock great with 45nm chips so I'll be taking some benches, I can already hit 4.5 with my #7200 so either way I'm not worried, I am having some problems running 3dmark 03/05/06/vantage though dont know why?

yeah isn't it starting at the end of august?

Dates are as follows:

* Prelim / Stock Testing: Sep 5th - 19th

* Picking Rosters: Sep 20th - 26th

* Go To War: Sep 27th - Oct 11th

Anyone who wants to play simply needs to run and submit some stock clocked benchmark results any time from the 5th to the 19th of September.

It's very simple really. ;)

what video card? you gonna run sli for the warz? dual cards really are the way to go these days, and just remember it is going to be a gruelling competition this time around, especially with all the new hardware out ATM

not yet, i was going to get another 8800 gts, then at last minute inspiration i went out and got a gtx 260.

im going for class E (single vid of course)

with the 260 @ stock, running @ 3.4 i got 16358

i cant wait till i OC and tweak it

• 4 weeks later...

hey jammin, could you help me out by showing me what th pc-pitstop results should look like? I cant find a ss of them anywhere, and I'm not sure what results I'm looking for here. I know it says cpu+mem but when I scan mine it has like 3 different results for each cpu and mem. Thanks

hey jammin, could you help me out by showing me what th pc-pitstop results should look like? I cant find a ss of them anywhere, and I'm not sure what results I'm looking for here. I know it says cpu+mem but when I scan mine it has like 3 different results for each cpu and mem. Thanks

Go here: http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/pitstop.asp

Run the test (use IE as it uses ActiveX)

Clip_7-4.jpg

Test link: http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=20859927

It's the weighted scores that will be used (CPU - 2830, Mem - 1638).

Input them into the scoring calculator.