Forum Wars Summer 2008 Discussion Thread

jammin

Did a quick run at 4Ghz me too:

post-31336-1215869282_thumb.jpg

I will submit it in the socket 775 OC competition...

But what do you think finally ? Should I subscribe ?

wow nice overclock their Smith, what are you running?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The monster or above average systems cannot play in the "E Class"

Do I'm counting into the "above average" class with an E6750 and a 8800GT ? Since I have only one GPU I thought I would be in the E class...

wow nice overclock their Smith, what are you running?

-P35-DS3R

-E6750

-8800GT

-2x1Gb Corsair Xms2 PC2-6400

-OCZ StealthXtream 600W

-Xigmatek HDT-S1283, but will go WC for the competition :) Need to have all the luck on my side.

-The whole on a custom tech station :)

Edited by The Smith

I just did a minor overclock on my P5E-VM

it's real finicky about OC'n in that it forgets to post....I mean it just shuts off when the F10 button is hit (fail safe I think?) and I have to power cycle the PSU to get it to boot but it always does...

does it more so on voltages and ram mhz setting...

but I did boot very easily at these settings....

350x10 (3500mhz)

fsb strap 266

Dram setting ddr1051 (CPU-Z shows 526mhz)

CPU vcore 1.475v (bios and windows shows 1.4v)

Voltage damper enabled

clock over charging mode 0.7v

NB volts 1.45v (1st time I changed it from auto)

I can say it boot nice and loaded pretty quick....and the rig didnt feel like it was struggling to survive....not that it is any how...but it felt a bit snappier...

and the weird thing was the PSU didnt seem to feel as hot at that setting as it did at lower clocks on auto...?

I ran Super Pi 1M only and got 14.453sec with 30processes running...

A fresh install on a new drive might make those numbers less...I would say?

but anywho...not as good as I thought but not all that bad either...I am sure there is more in it but I didnt check any stability just booted and ran...lol

Hi Guy's

Raymo from TRP checking in...

All systems are valuable and needed in all classes....

Example:

The monster or above average systems cannot play in the "E Class"

That class is designed for lower tech so everyone can play and be competitive

All classes are staggered by performance

What class does a Dell XPS 420 with a GX2 fall into? :D

I have access to a phase cooled 5GHz Wolfdale on a 790i with Dominator DDR3 @ 1200 (2400) and GTX 280 SLI. This system is not mine but def available if interested.

Note that the Class requirements (here if you haven't read them) are maximum limits, so you can play whatever system you want in whatever class, providing it doesn't exceed the maximums.

So a Dual Core with a Single graphics card can play all the way down into the E class for example (providing it's only on Air or Water cooling)

The Dell XPS 420 above could play all the way down to the D Class, with its 2 GPU limit (again only Air or Water cooling).

Both systems could play in the Ultra Xtreme class if they wanted to, but it would silly if there were better rigs on the team which could fill those positions.

That's how I understand it works, though I'll make sure I have anything clarified with Ray before we get down to business.

Please take the time to ask any questions about the rules. Having to explain them is good for your understanding, as well as mine. :)

woo go occ!, if i ever had been a part of a forum community like this i would of saved up and made some upgrades & helped :(

next year i guess :\

It isn't like you have an abacus! Do or do not, there is no try!

Ok I know it says no upgrades in the rules after the prelim date. Does that refer only to hardware, cpu, mobo, VGA, etc or does it also refer to say upgrading my HSF?

As far as I know, upgrades only applies to the things that really make a difference to scores, so basically just the CPU and Video cards.

I believe mobo and RAM changes are fine, but I'll make sure this is clarified before we start.

Cooling is definitely allowed to change, as long as it remains within the limits of the class you are competing in. :)

Please count me in for SUMMER WARZ ...Had a blast in the winter warz!!

Sorry posted in wrong place (Discussion Thread) did get it in correct thread

Edited by h2o4me