Thermalright HR-05 SLI review

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered my HR05 SLi yesterday.

I am very curious wether it will end up on top of the 8800GTX (if the Zalman 9500 isn't too big) or below (probably creating severe heat issues for the 8800GTX)

We'll see, i'll let you know once assembled and tested.

Guest ElAguila

I hve one of these coming in tomorrow along with my 8800gts. I will be installing both on my LP NF590. I was wondering if anyone with an LP 590 has used this? I am going to see if the old vcre cooler that I had on my lp nf4 chipset will fit on the southbridge with that video card installed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with my 8800 gts the hr-05 sli been placed underneath it no room above it !!

and with the stock cooler of the 8800 gts does not have big distance between them by placing it underneath so i took my old 6800 ultra block put it on my new 8800 gts put coolers on the mem chips , mount my old amd fan on the hr-05 sli and i have it direct the air to the vga !!!!

i must say that now the card is COOL !!!!

as for my chipset temps (max 35) are very good than the stock which was hidden by 2/3 from the giant vga's stock cooler

hey Angry,

i was thinking of getting both the thermalight chipset coolers. i want to put the sli vesion on the south and reg version on the north. do you think the reg version will fit with an artic cooling 7 on the gigabite mother board (s3)? i would also like to attach a fan to the h5 on the north bridge, do you also think 70x70x15 fan has enough room with that artic cpu cooler?

thanks

hey Angry,

i was thinking of getting both the thermalight chipset coolers. i want to put the sli vesion on the south and reg version on the north. do you think the reg version will fit with an artic cooling 7 on the gigabite mother board (s3)? i would also like to attach a fan to the h5 on the north bridge, do you also think 70x70x15 fan has enough room with that artic cpu cooler?

thanks

Not sure which mobo you are using this on, but I use both of these on my ASUS P5B-Deluxe WA. The HR-05 works best on the north bridge, while the SLI works best on the south. I used a couple extra sets of the Danger Den hold-down kit to secure both. The standard HR-05 needed to be angled ever so slightly to avoid the Wi-Fi card on this board, but otherwise no issues. However if you are using a large HSF, this will likely not work. I am watercooling so there is lots of clearance.

Cheers