Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, once the board booted at all no matter WHAT the FSB the computer would prime for hours and hours (over 4 because I'd get pissed off and stop it to reboot, just to have it not boot back up again). I got my DDR1000 back from OCZ and stuck em in... no boot. Typical crap right? Stuck the 800 back in... fought it tooth and nail to boot at stock speeds and set the voltage manually to 2.1v. Put the 1000 back in and it booted up like nothing ever happened. I stuck the 800 back in my bro's computer and ... poof primed at 900MHz. I still blame it on the board... but I don't really give a crap now that it works already.

Mine E6300 IHS is Convex (middle is higher as the outsides)

Had no glass plate to check this, but i spread alcohol on it on it and then slightly touched it with my scythe inf. Its not that much convex. But since ive done this there are some verry verry small notches (is this the right word?) in the middle.(actually not notches but more like small points) Is this a bad thing?

Also after reinstalling it i noticed there is a mold on it (you can see where the Cpu is/was)

Same thing happend with my AMD64.

The white RAM slots are #'s 1 & 3, which i think are preferable to use.

Is this a valid statement. I've been prowling these threads looking for the recommended slots (i.e. 1+3 or 2+4) for best overclocking potential. I just plopped mine in the 2+4 blue slots for first boot and windows installation, but I'll move them over to 1+3 if those are the recommended slots.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Is this a valid statement. I've been prowling these threads looking for the recommended slots (i.e. 1+3 or 2+4) for best overclocking potential. I just plopped mine in the 2+4 blue slots for first boot and windows installation, but I'll move them over to 1+3 if those are the recommended slots.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I don't even know what color mine are in :D First slot closest to cpu...haven't bothered to do the dimm slot dance nor heard anyone state any kind of preference to which channel may or may not be better...

I don't even know what color mine are in :D First slot closest to cpu...

Lol - hope you arn't losing eyesight in your old age ;)

(U R in the white slots, OldGuy)

The RAM table in the manual indicates that either pair are OK to use.

Okay to use and best to use are entirely different stories. However, I've not done much in the way of swapping with anything other than "auto" settings and both sets of slots always give 4-4-4-10... I tried setting them manually to 5-6-6-15 as ram spec said to (the 667 setting at my FSB) at 1000 MHz and the damn things wouldn't get into windows. So I set em back to auto and they booted right up... at 4-4-4-10 again. It wouldn't prime but I think it shows that this board is strung tight as a piano wire.

Lol - hope you arn't losing eyesight in your old age ;)

(U R in the white slots, OldGuy)

The RAM table in the manual indicates that either pair are OK to use.

Indeed I am... I posted from work :) I think I did try the blues at one point but it made no difference so every tear down and rebuild since has always been the same. Been through several boards (two Asus and one Evga) over the last two months and have not once seen any mention on any platform that one particular channel was prefered over another like the Ultra D's as an example...one less thing to worry about. Just pick a color and go :D

Hey Thraxz, so how do I calculate the actual vcore of the cpu? Its not done like the way we do it with the Expert bios or Ultra-D is it, multiply the %? How are your temps @3.6 with stock cooling? My temps are crappy even with water by Nautilus. My modded mcw60 is great though on the 8800GTS, clocked to 600/900 and it idles at 46-49. But the cpu, forget about it. Done reseat, reclean, modded a DD TDX for 478, took a mounting plate from my Apogee and screwed it on the DD, lapped, also just done lapping the cpu today, inspite of all that, I get same temps, HOT.

Oops, sorry man... I'm an idiot and need to update that. I'm on my TDX again. My load at 3.6 is ~60C. I need to reseat, I know it'll drop more. Lapping the IHS I'm certain would REALLY decrease temps.... damn thing.

The vcore is really simple addition.

There's your default VID which is 1.25v on mine and then you add the extra voltage which is in millivolts. SO... +.100mV is really +0.1v .

1.25VID + 125.00mV = 1.25VID + 0.125V = 1.375vcore

Lastly, SMOKES THAT GPU RUNS HOT. Even hotter than my xtx at 1.575vgpu.