Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't see anything in that first screenshot...it's too small...you need to put a larger one up so we can actually read what is in it (notice how all of mine are full-sized on the first pic and just linked?)

me too i even tryed saving it then enlarging it. cant make out bugger all, its the main shot i wanted to look at too. resize it ncsa i well want to hav a look at ur sis bench. nice o/c too.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed ... had the auto-resize set. :)

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't see anything in that first screenshot...it's too small...you need to put a larger one up so we can actually read what is in it (notice how all of mine are full-sized on the first pic and just linked?)

So heres my first results on OC'ing the Infinity/6600. I've never used Orthos before, is this the right way to do it? Vcore on cpu shows 1.48-1.50 on smart guardian. I just upped it to 400x9 with the same settings and so far its been 45 minutes and still going. By the way, whats the ideal top off limit for the cpu temp, right now I have a 9500 over the cpu and temps are high 70's with that vcore. Offset is set at +225.0 and VTT is at 1.30, so the actual vcore is the sum of those numbers I gather? Anyone knows where the measure point is on this board like we do on the SLI-DR/Expert?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/Voltes-5/375x9.jpg

dunno where the measure points are, but use Core Temp to get a better idea of actual cpu core temps

also...70C...you ok to do that for a OCDB entry, but if you want to run your Core2 cpu that fast for everyday use, you had best get some watercooling as there's no way I'd allow my cpu to run higher than 60C continually (quick 8-12 hour OCDB runs are ok, but really only on water....aircooling just can't get rid of that voltage heat fast enough).

Orthos = open Orthos, start test. thats all you gotta do to get it running. don't fool with it, just start it up and run it.

Gotcha, thanks H_G. The 3.6 been running for a bit more than 3hrs now and hoping that it will pass at least 8. I may continue to test for more speed on the cpu on the current vcore till it gives out. If the 3.6 passes the 1.5 vcore then I will gradually decrease voltage and see how low it will get. I still got my h20 rig but they are a PIA to maintain, its why I opted for air cooling lately on my rigs. I have been playing Titan Quest with this rig stock and it rocks with my 8800GTS, already thinking about getting another for SLI. And I still have my Expert and SLI DR with me, they may just sit here and collect dust when I'm done testing with the C2D/Infinity.:)

Anybody know why 3dmark '06 keeps asking to go to website to view results? How do I get around that because that would not be acceptable on the OCDB requirements?

try the Corsair Nautilus 500 watercooling rig...takes only about 15 minutes to install (Check our review in the Modifications section)

as for 3dmark06...if you haven't purchased it, I think it requires you to go to website. Also there's a new build of 3dmark2006 so download it.

If the only way to get a 3dmark2006 score is to go to the website, then that is what you'll have to do =/

Anybody know why 3dmark '06 keeps asking to go to website to view results? How do I get around that because that would not be acceptable on the OCDB requirements?

I borrowed this from Clawhammer's OCDB entry. After you go to Futuremark's website you can take a screenshot of result that is displayed.

06ef8.th.png

Corsair Nautilus, ok will give it a look. I gathered whats left of my h20 rig last night, rad is still ok, pumps pretty good, got a couple of blocks by DD but a 478 and 939, thought about modding them to fit the 775. But then DD sell a top conversion so maybe will get that, but first will look at the Nautilus. I may purchase the 3d06 then if what Praz suggest will not work for me. Thanks guys.