Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Trying it on 1.35vcore now.... so far passing through a whole 13 minutes. At least it's not an insta-failure so I have hope.

Temps are at 51C max coretemp value.

EDIT: Oop, rebooted. Damn. Went up to 3.7 again 1.25+200mV

Was that a Britney Speers moment??? :D

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. This proc reboots when it doesn't get enough voltage. The smartest damn chip ever.... when my settings piss it off it automatically directs me to the screen needed to fix the problem. :shake:

Well aint that damned convenient...What's the highest you tried to bench at so far? Just curious to see if it takes some serious voltage to hit 3.8ghz on that chip.

I've benched superpi and 01 at 3.8 with under 1.45vcore.

13.0xx on the pi and 55k+ on the 01.

Do I need to ask if you prefer the Infinity over the last board you had?? :D Perty cool watchin' the Old benchmark highs get crushed aint it? I still love my Ultra D as it is one sweet board but as far as benchies go...well you know ;) As far as actual day to day stuff goes the Ultra D is still an uber board to covet.

I both love and hate this board compared to the NF4. It supports some AWESOME hardware like my chip. However it's finicky as hell and pretty much pisses me off a lot. It up and decides "I don't wanna boot this time" on settings THAT I JUST FINISHED OCDBing. Which is essentially no reason. I love the performance. Hate the finickiness.

The Intel board was boring as hell to play with. In that sense, yeah this is WAY better than that piece of crap. (However it was amazingly stable)

I both love and hate this board compared to the NF4. It supports some AWESOME hardware like my chip. However it's finicky as hell and pretty much pisses me off a lot. It up and decides "I don't wanna boot this time" on settings THAT I JUST FINISHED OCDBing. Which is essentially no reason. I love the performance. Hate the finickiness.

The Intel board was boring as hell to play with. In that sense, yeah this is WAY better than that piece of crap. (However it was amazingly stable)

Haven't experienced any finikiness with this particular board. It either works or it doesn't. As long as she posts and boots to windows it's pretty consistent. I think I got pretty lucky wih my particular combo...which is why I'm hesitant to do the chipset Vmod via pencil...I already hit some pretty good highs with the 6600 and the only reason to do the mod is to see what my 6400 can really do (maxed at 416). Really no point with the RD nearing final release. Kinda gettin sick of even seeing the RD mentioned but it finally is about to hit shelves...

I just got some DDR2 1160 Geils that I haven't even tried yet. Curious to see if Rgone is close to being right that DDR2 1000 is hard to get on this board as I hit it quite easily with my other pair of Geils. Granted I couldn't hit anything above 1000 with these but soon we shall see...

Heh, I noticed.

Good news! Primed at 410x9 at 1.45 vcore! Updating OCDB as we speak!

Nice!

I'm sitting at 400x8 on stock volts, seems to not like going any higher than 420fsb so I might just leave it here for the time being so I don't have to worry about it.

But then again...:D

Not bad there, Techno.

I'm trying 3789 at 1.5vcore. As of now the temperatures are OUTRAGEOUS. looking at 70C coretemp. Only a couple minutes in so... who knows?

Pssh, when it start touching 80C let me know. That's what my E6700 did when I finally got her into an 8 hour run of Orthos.:angel: