Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah - those are some pretty high temps there, Ed! And you gotta love that lazy 272 FSB...

Summer has really kicked in over here, indoors temp is seeing 37C+, which was putting me into the mid-high 70's on the CPU, so i've backed it off to a neat 3.0Ghz untill either the house (or the PC) gets better cooling.

Very nice results ...

And you're right the eXtreme models do run very hot and more so when pushed up the frequency scale...

keep on going up!

Added the X6800 Extreme @ 3.8 GHZ

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...24&postcount=29

These things run Hot! Limited to 3.8 by Temps 87 -88C during Orthos. 3.836 Ghz kept pegging 90C and shut down. I have a Gallatin 3.4 Ghz running at 3.73 for over a year 24/7 at temps 27 - 37C used to OC it and pegged 90C a lot.

im just about to start posting sum stuff up on imagshack for a database entry, 400fsb/533div. ive done the old 8hour burn+ 3d01se & 3d03. ive just done a 3dmark05 run with the new build version i downloaded and it makes you go online for ure results, so i did a screenshot. do i have to un-instal & instal non build version for my post?.

also what rez should i post screenshots on imageshack and which link is best to use for my database post.

cheers

Well another one posted. Close enough to 3700 for me.

Just saw this and you might already know, but you can flash the bios on those 7950GT KOs to the 7950GT KO SC bios and give yourself a boost in the GPU volts from 1.35 to 1.45? My auto detect in the nvidia CP went up to around 640/815 and with manual clocking to 660/835.

Just tought I'd mention it since it takes like 2 min to do. :D

im having trouble posting my screenshots up for my database entry. is it because the rez of my new dell moniter, imageshack just wont post them up. if it is what image hosting site will post them?.

i could always put my pitures as my desktop piture then change rez then re-take the screenshot? just an idea.

cheers.

im having trouble posting my screenshots up for my database entry. is it because the rez of my new dell moniter, imageshack just wont post them up. if it is what image hosting site will post them?.

i could always put my pitures as my desktop piture then change rez then re-take the screenshot? just an idea.

cheers.

Ensure that the files aren't very big, save them as JPEGs and you won't have a problem.

Ensure that the files aren't very big, save them as JPEGs and you won't have a problem.

cheers

ive already saved my 8hour bench to .bmp. i dont want to hav to run it again as it gets hot with 1.6 odd volts. peeking in coretemp to 80c, when my room temps went up to 23-25c that is though. when room temp is lower 20c ish it runs mid to low 70c's peek. i'll clock back down for 24/7 use, well till i get a water loop setup.

n e way can i just convert my images to .jpeg?

thanks again

cheers

ive already saved my 8hour bench to .bmp. i dont want to hav to run it again as it gets hot with 1.6 odd volts. peeking in coretemp to 80c, when my room temps went up to 23-25c that is though. when room temp is lower 20c ish it runs mid to low 70c's peek. i'll clock back down for 24/7 use, well till i get a water loop setup.

n e way can i just convert my images to .jpeg?

thanks again

Sure, just open the .bmp with Paint then resave it as a JPEG. :angel: