Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

For the person thinking it's OK to buy and use Seagate, I have problems with my Seagates.

I've also just started getting lockups again for no reason, it was fine for a few weeks (just cold boots) with the old 425 BIOS and now I'm getting them again. Nothing changed ....

I'm going to go back to the 728 so at least I can unplug the Ps/2 keyboard!

:-(

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've updated the bios to 07/28 bios, I also get the message "Rom cannot invoke error". But I didn't have any errors M5288. When I set the Sil raid from raid 0, 1, 5.. (or something like that) to disable, the message disappeared. But.... suddenly I'am getting the freezes from the M5288 back. :mad:

And with the 05/23 I had no freezes at all.

So I think I'll keep the invoke error en hope the freezes will stay away.

Sooo....I figgin cleaned my drives with DBAN, and just installed Windows using the f6 drivers for the ULI Raid on dfi's site I can't find the 5/23 ULI Drivers ANYWHERE!!! HELP, and I'm getting a 1 minute time until windows logo even appears, and I don't even have anything installed!!!

Never have got them to work. Hitachi sataII's work just fine. I know it is a compatibilty problem, but not all boatds have a problem with Rapotors, My thinking it has something to do with WD and the TLER

I do not know if this will help, while I am not running raid, I am running a 74GB Raptor on the ULI contoller. Basically, after having some issues trying to get the Raptor and some other brand hard drives to do a fresh install with the Crossfire 3200, I think I discovered what might be a problem for some others.

Basically, I think that even if you format a hard drive, for some reason there is something left on it. I do not know if its from SP2 or some other sourc, but after I had my issues, I booted with my System Suite 6 CD and did a secure erase on the WD 74GB Raptor. After that was finished, I loaded a generic Master boot record and rebooted to load my install with the Raptor connected to the ULI Sata connector. The install of XP Pro was flawless and without incident. I then loaded Service Pack 2 without incident. From that point, I went to Nivida, and downloaded the ULI Version 220 Unified Drivers which also installed with no issues. I loaded my other drivers and so far, I have not had an issue. I am now booting with Raptor, and currently running Crossfire with my X1900 512MB Cards with no lockups or issues. My opty 165 is only slightly overclocked at the moment. I am running G Skill DDR 600 memory @ 2.80Volts. While I have only been running a couple of days, I have not experienced any lockups or freezes so far. This is all on the 7/28/06 Bios

I hope this helps someone else that might be experiencing some issues.

Jason

I do not know if this will help, while I am not running raid, I am running a 74GB Raptor on the ULI contoller. Basically, after having some issues trying to get the Raptor and some other brand hard drives to do a fresh install with the Crossfire 3200, I think I discovered what might be a problem for some others.

Basically, I think that even if you format a hard drive, for some reason there is something left on it. I do not know if its from SP2 or some other sourc, but after I had my issues, I booted with my System Suite 6 CD and did a secure erase on the WD 74GB Raptor. After that was finished, I loaded a generic Master boot record and rebooted to load my install with the Raptor connected to the ULI Sata connector. The install of XP Pro was flawless and without incident. I then loaded Service Pack 2 without incident. From that point, I went to Nivida, and downloaded the ULI Version 220 Unified Drivers which also installed with no issues. I loaded my other drivers and so far, I have not had an issue. I am now booting with Raptor, and currently running Crossfire with my X1900 512MB Cards with no lockups or issues. My opty 165 is only slightly overclocked at the moment. I am running G Skill DDR 600 memory @ 2.80Volts. While I have only been running a couple of days, I have not experienced any lockups or freezes so far. This is all on the 7/28/06 Bios

I hope this helps someone else that might be experiencing some issues.

Jason

Jason, how do you know this will help? Have you experienced lock ups/and or freezes in the past?

I was hoping I would not have to post in this thread but the ULI bug has finally bit me in the @ss.

My story…

I purchased the board new back in April when all the “hoopla” went out about it in another forum. Using Tony’s settings it has run flawless until just recently baring a minor glitch here and there. I started getting the timeout errors and stability problems. I have reformatted, tried all the bios… betas or otherwise and the new driver in the way recommended by DFI, These have NOT resolved the problem. I am forced to move to the much slower Sli controller if I want to continue to use this board.

I am just here to add to the count of bad boards. I have been following this thread since post one. I feel DFI should be ashamed of the way they have handled this defect in some of the boards.

If this problem is a bios or a driver thing, why doesn't everbody get this problem on the same moment. In the post above it came after a couple of months. I've got the freezes since the last month. And before that i had no problems at all. And others in this thread seems to have the freezes from the beginning.

It's making my head freeze........

Well said. This is pathetic to me as well. Skank, have you attempted to RMA your board?

I have been following other people's progress regarding RMAs, it seems that an RMA is by no means a guarantee that I will receive a working board, added to this the fact that my PC is essential, living without it for weeks with an RMA that may not yield any results for me, I have elected to wait to see what DFI would do. It seems they are doing a big fat nothing.

I can't describe how dissappointed I am with this. I went from an Asus A8N Sli dlx that worked flawlessly to this board when I upgraded my Dad's PC, he has the Asus now so I can't use that anymore. I can't be bothered with tweaking or trying a decent overclock with this major fault being present.

Are DFI even looking at this forum anymore?