Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I've also didn't have any problems with this board, but after about 2-3 months of no probs on my 4 Raptors RAID 0 on the ULI controller.

Then it started with, after POST, waiting for approximately 1 minute until the dang Windows Loading screens starts with the bar moving across it, then the login screen, then windows, with some freezes upon loading.

Now, like I said at the top of the page. I used DBAN (Derrik's Boot and Nuke) program, to completely erase the HDD's of everything.

Then, I load windows with ney of a problem. Now, I have the same problem, and, I'm using the new ULI drivers instead of the 5/23's....

This is ridiculous. I think I may sell this board and go to ASUS...Even though I don't want to, looks like DFI has left me no other choice.

I'm sad to say it, as I have loved DFI boards...but I think this one is the straw that may have broke the camel's back for me on this one. If a company can't provide good enough support for a product, then there is no point for me to even chance having that problem again

I have been following other people's progress regarding RMAs, it seems that an RMA is by no means a guarantee that I will receive a working board, added to this the fact that my PC is essential, living without it for weeks with an RMA that may not yield any results for me, I have elected to wait to see what DFI would do. It seems they are doing a big fat nothing.

I can't describe how dissappointed I am with this. I went from an Asus A8N Sli dlx that worked flawlessly to this board when I upgraded my Dad's PC, he has the Asus now so I can't use that anymore. I can't be bothered with tweaking or trying a decent overclock with this major fault being present.

Are DFI even looking at this forum anymore?

I believe DFI is busy trying to get the next line of overpriced beta products on store shelves and won't be bothered fixing previous products.

On another note since moving to the Hitachi SataII's a few weeks ago I haven't had any problems, my board is working day in and day out with my current setup. I have moved my Linux install to a Raptor on the PCI-E card and XP32 is in RAID0 on the ULI for the moment. It really is too bad that the boards have some serious issues with drives as everything else about is flawless. It is the ultimate socket 939 overclocking board...

Ok…My system back up running on the Sil controller nice and smooth, error free as in the past before the “failure” of the Uli chip. HD Tune reports 95 MB/sec on Sil as opposed to 135 MB/sec. that I was getting on the Uli chip.

I say failure because I ran a little test…I installed a Raptor on the Uli chip (same as in my sig.) and in Windows reformatted it three times on each at a time, channel 1, channel2, channel 3 and channel 4. Every time I reformatted and “only” channel 1 reported the m5288 errors…many of them.

I realize my drives are SATA 1 not SATA 2 but DFI claims the Uli is backwards compatible so that should not be an issue.

I dunno if this is relevant, but here it is. I'm running 2x74 gig raptors RAID 0 on the SiL controller. I have my Plextor 716SA sata burner plugged into the ULI controller. I've noticed that everyone once in a while my drive lights up like it's being searched and my system locks for the duration that the light is on. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all.

xtw1ster: that sounds exactly like the HD issue, but so few people have SATA DVD burners that the odds of someone else in this thread having one is pretty slim.

Make sure to let DFI support know that its not just a few HD's, and that its DVD stuff too.

Ok…My system back up running on the Sil controller nice and smooth, error free as in the past before the “failure” of the Uli chip. HD Tune reports 95 MB/sec on Sil as opposed to 135 MB/sec. that I was getting on the Uli chip.

I say failure because I ran a little test…I installed a Raptor on the Uli chip (same as in my sig.) and in Windows reformatted it three times on each at a time, channel 1, channel2, channel 3 and channel 4. Every time I reformatted and “only” channel 1 reported the m5288 errors…many of them.

I realize my drives are SATA 1 not SATA 2 but DFI claims the Uli is backwards compatible so that should not be an issue.

DFI may have given up on us since AM2 and other chipsets are starting to profit :(. What do you mean by "channel" do you mean sata ports 1,2,3 & 4? That is interesting... No errors on the other channels?

What do you mean by "channel" do you mean sata ports 1,2,3 & 4? That is interesting... No errors on the other channels?

Yes thats what I was saying and is indeed interesting. I agree it's just too bad because this board rocks when up to "speed". I have no reason to up grade to DDR2 untill now but if I do Im pretty sure it will not "include" DFI.

Hmm these Mobo are only £59.99 in the uk today, I would not take one if they were giving them away, you all bang on about them being the best OCing boards on the planet but funny how none of them are in the top 10 3D mark 06 hall of fame, and only one in the top 20! there is nothing that any dfi Mobo can do that an ASUS can't these days, and cost far less to buy and are never short of bios updates, however this forum is buy far the best thanks to the users etc, its a shame that the people @ DFI did not put as much effort in to addressing the every day issues, instead of leaving it up to forum members to sort out! Still think the Ultra D is the best of the bunch!

Hmm these Mobo are only £59.99 in the uk today, I would not take one if they were giving them away, you all bang on about them being the best OCing boards on the planet but funny how none of them are in the top 10 3D mark 06 hall of fame, and only one in the top 20! there is nothing that any dfi Mobo can do that an ASUS can't these days, and cost far less to buy and are never short of bios updates, however this forum is buy far the best thanks to the users etc, its a shame that the people @ DFI did not put as much effort in to addressing the every day issues, instead of leaving it up to forum members to sort out! Still think the Ultra D is the best of the bunch!

1. Asus are horrible. Yes they are making a comeback, but most of us here have suffered from worse than this on asus.

2. 3dmark06 is heavily CPU dependant for its score. How many of those are conroe? you cant compare a conroe to this mobo, the conroe is of course going to kick its butt in speed.

3. The ultra-D rocked, except that using high ram voltages could kill the board and/or CPU.

P.S. This IS the DFI forum, and i dont care if you like asus, try not to turn a thread about a particular issue into a . match about why your favourite hardware is better than that mentioned in this thread. keep it on topic.

This is ridiculous. I think I may sell this board and go to ASUS...Even though I don't want to, looks like DFI has left me no other choice.

I'm sad to say it, as I have loved DFI boards...but I think this one is the straw that may have broke the camel's back for me on this one. If a company can't provide good enough support for a product, then there is no point for me to even chance having that problem again

The DFI camel is very weak, it has only taken one straw to break it's back for me, though the straw is a 220lb one. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I could never sell this board, it's faulty, I'm not going to pass on a faulty motherboard and expect someone to pay me for the privilege. I also don't want to buy another motherboard whilst I RMA this one, as RMA is not a route to success in this case and I could end up spending almost as much on postage as a new motherboard. I am still waiting and hoping (in vain it seems) that DFI will be able to fix this with a bios update, or if it is a hardware problem, own up to it, create a new revision board and offer THAT as an RMA so that we know we are getting a working replacement.

please try upgrade 7/28 BIOS and enabled S.M.A.R.T. function from the BIOS setting, and installing with last version of RAID Driver. and make sure the ULI RAID driver m5288.sys version is 6.221.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68129

I've done what you said, and its working for me. Granted i dont have RAID, just one sata 1 WD drive and a SATA 2 samsung with NCQ, but the WD did error previously and they arent now.