Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have contacted and spoke with 3 people from WesternDigital and all I get from them is this, the only supported RAID drives are the Enterprise Series Hard drives and that any erros that we are getting on WD drives in a RAID is because of this! I dont know how they can say that cuz my WD drives run fine on SIlimage and on my nF4 RAID arrays. So I think they are just not willing to support any type of RAID problems on Non-Enterprise drives or they want everyone to buy their Enterprise drives(spend more cash)!

SO good luck getting anything from them!

On a diffrent note, I have tested both these new baords and sent mine in for RMA. The Board from the Egg has the bug same as my first board, however the baord from Monarch seems to be fine, I have the 4/25 bios and the floppy drivers and thats it. So far for the last 16hrs I have had no errors. The board is the same as the other two and has the same rev. numbers, so I dont know what to say. I guess you all should go buy a total of 3 baords to get one that works. I m going to send back the Egg's board for a refund and keep the Monarch one. Hopefully the one I sent to RMA will come back as a working board too and if so, I will let you know and might sell it. I dont know what this really told me, but I now have a working board, was it worth all this? I dont know yet, it did work out in the end, so!

LOL, I'll for sure will sell you one, once I get another working one. I cant sell this one at this time, heck Ive waited too long to have a working board again. So, I have one comming from the Egg here in a week or so, Ill test it, well once I load up the Floppy driver during XP install it should tell me right away if it has the bug or not.

SiLvABuLLetZ your first in line for a working board so Ill pass it to you once I get it! On the other hand I may be selling(both rigs) everything in my sig. anyhow(may go to AM2) so either way Ill get you one. Heck I know I can sell my RAM off, people are going nutz for good DDR ram right now! As for my CPUs they both overclock like crazy so that wont be an issue, just need to think about it for a few!

Like I said, Im on the stock, Bios and floppy drivers from the box and thats all I used when I had my first working board too, so all these updates and so called fixes are a bunch of BS! The non-buged boards work fine right from the start, however on the bugged boards, I did try all the updated and fixed Bios and Drivers and with all the time and effort to do that, and all the diffrent wys to do that, it still didnt work on any of the bugged boards. So, the fixes IMO are a smoke screen and just a failed attempt, to do the least possible, to fix this issue!

Agreed completely. Just as I was writing you this reply I had a tiny freeze that took 5 seconds to relieve itself, and frankly I am fed up. :D

How do you know the board is not bugged after the f6 driver install? I couldn't tell until I was stressing out the HD or watching movies..

I have been trying a few things to see if I can narrow down the problem. Any bios after the 4/25 will give me the Option Rom cannot invoke error, including all the betas from dfi. They changed something that is not in the changelog trying to "fix" a problem but, there was a bios a week for a little while and all they did was create more problems.

I am going to send the files to TMOD and see if he can put the 1.22 ULI Bios in the 4/25 dfi bios.

I'll test it with a pair of Raptors and all the drivers. I'll post again if I find anything that works.

Guest Archangel

Thanks CPDMF. We all greatly appreciate the time and effort you're putting into helping everyone with this problem.

I have been trying a few things to see if I can narrow down the problem. Any bios after the 4/25 will give me the Option Rom cannot invoke error, including all the betas from dfi. They changed something that is not in the changelog trying to "fix" a problem but, there was a bios a week for a little while and all they did was create more problems.

I am going to send the files to TMOD and see if he can put the 1.22 ULI Bios in the 4/25 dfi bios.

I'll test it with a pair of Raptors and all the drivers. I'll post again if I find anything that works.

Check your mail.

Let me know if it works for you.

EDIT: Also sent you one with the 5314 SI Bios in it along with the ULi 1.22 Bios.

Tmod

I was up till 3AM testing the modded bioses and all of the driver revisions. If the Raptors were on the ULI controller I could get it to error within 5 minutes of running HD Tune. I was only able to get through the Windows installation without finding any errors with the 2.20 drivers but that only made it through 1/2 a pass of HD Tune.

Need to put together a list of people that have Raptors on the ULI controller and DO NOT have any issues. Hopefully those people wouldn't mind pulling the chipset fan off and checking the date on the ULI Chipset.

Only thing I can come up with is there was a Revision or architecture change at some point or none of the boards would work as advertised.

DFI's solutions have been pointless and have only created more problems.

I was up till 3AM testing the modded bioses and all of the driver revisions. If the Raptors were on the ULI controller I could get it to error within 5 minutes of running HD Tune. I was only able to get through the Windows installation without finding any errors with the 2.20 drivers but that only made it through 1/2 a pass of HD Tune.

Need to put together a list of people that have Raptors on the ULI controller and DO NOT have any issues. Hopefully those people wouldn't mind pulling the chipset fan off and checking the date on the ULI Chipset.

Only thing I can come up with is there was a Revision or architecture change at some point or none of the boards would work as advertised.

DFI's solutions have been pointless and have only created more problems.

Did the raptors ever work on the ULi using the bone stock 4/25 bios?

Tmod