Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you already on the 7/28 bios and 6.2.2.1 drivers bulletz? Maybe enabling SMART will fix it. Not likely as SMART doesn't function on RAID arrays but it is worth a shot..

PS: Clear some PM's bulletz

Aren't you already on the 7/28 bios and 6.2.2.1 drivers bulletz? Maybe enabling SMART will fix it. Not likely as SMART doesn't function on RAID arrays but it is worth a shot..

PS: Clear some PM's bulletz

lol. will do. Right now I'm on 5/23, but I'm switching over in these few seconds. Will keep you up on update.

The fix doesn't work. 7/28 with the 6.2.2.1 drivers, S.M.A.R.T enabled and no luck, but I will say this, when it did error, the recovery from error was much faster. When watching a movie it did it's freeze, but I was able to recover by simply clicking away to a different time section of the movie.. ;/ This "fix" doesn't hurt..only helps a bit...

-bulletz

1. Asus are horrible. Yes they are making a comeback, but most of us here have suffered from worse than this on asus.

2. 3dmark06 is heavily CPU dependant for its score. How many of those are conroe? you cant compare a conroe to this mobo, the conroe is of course going to kick its butt in speed.

3. The ultra-D rocked, except that using high ram voltages could kill the board and/or CPU.

P.S. This IS the DFI forum, and i dont care if you like asus, try not to turn a thread about a particular issue into a . match about why your favourite hardware is better than that mentioned in this thread. keep it on topic.

Well as a DFI user of both Mobo's I feel entitled to express my view, not once did I say ASUS was better Mobo so don’t see how you interpret this as a . competition as you put it, and as your not a forum moderator will you please not tell me what I can and cant do! Any thing further you have to say to me on this subject feel free to PM me instead! :nod:

On the whole RMA deal, good luck, I had 4 boards all together and only the first one worked(ULI, No Errors) It had other issues and had to be RMA'd, the other three, all had ULI issues and they were all from diffrent stores, I was trying to find a good batch somewhere.

As for DFI not fixing the issue, they have tryed but I dont think they are getting help from ULI(nVidia) so they are limmited by that. A bios fix wont work, a driver update wont either, I think its just a bad chipset and would need a replacement! Thats not going to happen since we are the minority and DFI would have to make a whole new board for everyone that has the issue, no way with AM2 and Conroe out! Can they just replace chipsets? Would they? Not!

As for moving on to bigger, well at least better things, I dont blame anyone for that! If after a month, 4 months for me, if you still cant get something working, then by all means move on! I am building my AM2 rig this week and I see some of you going with Asus or Abit, thats fine too. What other choice have they given us and what do they expect!

As for banning DFI from entering my house, nah, Ive had so many good working, easy tweaking and great overclocking boards, that have given me hours of fun, I wouldnt say that. One time they are bound to have a DUD! Now if after a second, or even three diffrent boards and failing to get them to work, well it would be, BY BY DFI! Dont jump the gun here, not to many boards give as much as a DFIs do! You will miss DFI when your tweaking that OK but not Great Mobo you bought!

As for selling a non functoning board, well its is a great board even without a SATA2 option and if we all knew that prior to buying this, would we still have bought it for the oerclocking abilities? Half and half?

I would say in the listing that you need to do your research prior to bidding and that you had issues with your WD drives and the ULI Raid controller! List it like that and you should be covered! What are you going to do with it otherwise? Target practice! Fun but expensive!

I just sold my CFX but I had it RMA'd so I had a new one to sell! I didnt have to know for sure if I was selling a faulty board! LOL However, I did say this, some hard drives are having issues with the ULI on the CFX's, Google it to see for yourself! That kept my guilt down alot, LOL! Really it did!

In the end, DFI dropped the ball on one of their best boards ever made and its a real shame that it happened this way. I love DFI and will still buy and recomend them! I hope they at least learned something from all this, at least to make better future plans, with chipset makers(ULI bought by nVidia / on a ATI based board???)! I cant wait for the AM2 crossfire board, I imagine that they will have this all worked out and that may be why its taking so long for a release of that board too!

Well good luck to whatever you decide to do, and thanks to all that have been here fighting this from day one. At least this tread has become like a forum of its own, Heck I come here first, everyday!

Like I said before, I said I think I may be done. The next board I buy, I won't buy it brand new, I'm going to wait and watch the forums for the reaction and performance. Then I'll decided. I've never owned anything other than DFI's, (Except for a computer the military issued to me).

Guest Archangel

Geeze! You'd think DFI would at least own up to saying this board is totally screwed thanks the ULI chipset, there won't be any fix for it, and they're are sorry for releasing such a POS. I won't say I'll never be buying another DFI board but I can say I won't be buy another DFI board for quite a long time due to this disappointment.

I just had my first freeze since switching to the Hitachi Sata II drives. That pretty much confirms it is not a compatibility problem, it happens with any drive regardless of brand.

I'm all out of ideas to try. I've done every combination of bios and driver, went so far as to ask Tmod to mix and match ULI ROMs in with the DFI bioses without any decent results. RMA'd the board once, bought new hard drives to try, bought a couple of RAID cards but without a PCI-E 4X slot on the board getting the speed I want is not possible. I've loaded up Windows so many times I just leave the disk in a case on top of my rig along with a box of new floppies.. I could have had a Conroe based rig with all the money I spent..

I think I will let DFI do without my money for awhile. I have purchased 8 DFI LanParty boards, dating back to the NF2 Ultra-B. I seriously doubt my loyalty to DFI will get any results though. I don't think I will be offering up any free tech support for DFI until they at least own up to a crap product and offer an alternative resolution. For now I'll just shelve this POS and move on..

Well I'm glad that some of you seem to have money to burn, I don't however.

I was thinking, would a Class Action Law Suit be a viable option here? It sounds over the top but it was done against Apple regarding scratched screens, so I feel it might be here as this is a little more critical than a scratched screen. If someone who knows more about law can let me know what they think then I will be happy to get the ball rolling. I really can't hide my disgust in DFI right now. I don't care if it is a Nvidia/Uli problem, when my car breaks down Peugeot don't tell me that it's not their fault it's the injector manufacturer's fault. Peugeot deal with it. I expect the same from any manufacturer of anything, I don't care who or where the parts come from.

How about we blame the quarry where they mined the metal? :rolleyes: I'm not saying DFI are passing the buck, they just don't even seem to be holding it right now, they need to accept responsibility and treat their customers accordingly.