Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

#1. Oh I see, so there's the rules for the plebs (Us) and there's, well there's no rules for you is there. That's probably why I always hear people say that DFI-Street isn't such a friendly place to be, dictators aren't generally so friendly. But what do I know huh.

#2. I put all available cash into this computer I built expecting it to be the best, it's not. As much as I'd, I can't just go out a buy new parts just like that, I have to save as I have other bills to pay. I will be getting rid of this mainboard there's no doubt about that, when though is a completely different matter. And saying that people should take up their issues with ULi is just wrong, DFI are the ones who manufactured the mainboard, it's their problem.

It says here - What I will suggest is that you and everyone having this problem keep the pressure up non-stop until DFI gets ULI/Nvidia to resolve the issue, or else you might never see a resolution. Implying that pressure is to be applied to DFI not ULI/Nvidia.

Angry does stick to all of the other rules, everyone knows he is from U, S and A anyway

Just spotted this , presumably you've tried these?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1. Oh I see, so there's the rules for the plebs (Us) and there's, well there's no rules for you is there. That's probably why I always hear people say that DFI-Street isn't such a friendly place to be, dictators aren't generally so friendly. But what do I know huh.

#2. I put all available cash into this computer I built expecting it to be the best, it's not. As much as I'd, I can't just go out a buy new parts just like that, I have to save as I have other bills to pay. I will be getting rid of this mainboard there's no doubt about that, when though is a completely different matter. And saying that people should take up their issues with ULi is just wrong, DFI are the ones who manufactured the mainboard, it's their problem.

#1 when you pay huge amounts of money out of your own pocket each month to maintain this site then you can say what you want and do what you want, but until then, I don't really care what you think others might say about DFI-Street. The fact that we have 20,000+ users and more registering every day tells me that the Street is a pretty good place, and those who don't like it are whiners and complainers and troublemakers who can't follow rules.

Are you one of them?

If so, please exit immediately because this place will be no good for you.

#2 Here's some common sense for you:

ULI makes the chip

not DFI

DFI just makes the motherboard

ATI sold us the chipset package, and it contained the ULI chip

DFI does not manufacture any of the onboard components. We license them from companies like ATI and ULI and use them expecting them to support us when we need it when customers like you complain about a problem.

How's that common sense coming?

Good hopefully.

Normaly I don`t reply to much, but in this case I support Happy.

:):):)

#1 when you pay huge amounts of money out of your own pocket each month to maintain this site then you can say what you want and do what you want, but until then, I don't really care what you think others might say about DFI-Street. The fact that we have 20,000+ users and more registering every day tells me that the Street is a pretty good place, and those who don't like it are whiners and complainers and troublemakers who can't follow rules.

Are you one of them?

ULI makes the chip

not DFI

DFI does not manufacture any of the onboard components. We license them from companies like ATI and ULI and use them expecting them to support us when we need it when customers like you complain about a problem.

Good hopefully.

:):):)

For whenever there is suppurt needed, it comes from here.

:P

As for the Uli problem, it sucks, and it should be fixed.

Keep up the good work.

Ps.

As for the overall performance, this is the first board performing better with 2x 1GB, vs 2x 512MB when using the same timings and speed.

:drool:

Are you one of them?

ULI makes the chip

not DFI

Good hopefully.

Only problem is other manufacturers who used the ATI/ULI combination cured the issues, so in this case DFI is to blame, they bought a prdouct to market which has not lived up to it's specifications for quite a few people. I'm glad they are still trying, but these guys seem to have had enough, rightly so too.

regards

Raja

Well, since we're all throwing in our two cents (and i just lost $20 at poker...), let me just say that aside from the ULI problem, this board screams. Even on the Sil chipset my hard drive is fast, I got decent clocks and benchmarks from $650 in parts (including fans and extras and a POS PSU), and I've had some of the best support I've ever experienced.

IMO, the ULi problem is ULi's problem or a bad run of chips, in which case it's still ULi's problem. I'll still be asking for a new board and whether I get it or not does not really matter to me (amazingly, I still have the best comp amongst my LAN group). DFI has shown, at least to me, that they are willing to commit to fixing the problem.

Just signed up for these forums to say thanks for the help and leads. I DL'd the Beta BIOS 728 this morning. I too have been plagued by the m5288 freezes. I an happy to report that the new bios installed without a hitch and I have run for more that 8 hours ( playing BF2) without one freeze or disconnect. The system is running smooth now. FINALLY!!!!!

On to try Tony's settings now that the system is stable. Not one m5288 error reported in the system log since flashing the new bios......looks like a winner.

System is the DFI board with AMD 4800 X2, ATI x1900xt , 2 74gig raptors in Raid O and generic ram (which I will upgrade now).

Just signed up for these forums to say thanks for the help and leads. I DL'd the Beta BIOS 728 this morning. I too have been plagued by the m5288 freezes. I an happy to report that the new bios installed without a hitch and I have run for more that 8 hours ( playing BF2) without one freeze or disconnect. The system is running smooth now. FINALLY!!!!!

On to try Tony's settings now that the system is stable. Not one m5288 error reported in the system log since flashing the new bios......looks like a winner.

System is the DFI board with AMD 4800 X2, ATI x1900xt , 2 74gig raptors in Raid O and generic ram (which I will upgrade now).

nice, that's the bios from here right?

Since everyone wants to get his part in, I'll get mine as well.

1. If you buy a car and tires happend to be bad, you take it to the CAR Dealership, not Good Year shop. That's regarding ULI/ATI issue. DFI made the choice on the chipset, and while chipset maker has to fix it, it is DFI's problem to get it done, not customers that purchased this mobo from DFI.

2. Most of us here are NOT motherboard designers, nor makers, so we all can only guess what the problem is based on own testing and messages on DFI Street.

3. As for Happy, this is HIS Forum, HE makes the rules, we either follow them or leave. Friendly or not, this forum helps A LOT. THANKS ANGRY.

Thanks for the link!!

For me the new bios worked. Not one m5288 error since yesterday morning and hours of BF2 gaming. CHEERS!

I will read and understand the forum rules before posting again.