Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm back.

So, the consensus is: "the problem is not fixed"?

mizzer

yeah and i still say everyone here should consider a class action as you've all paid a hefty price for a board to spend x months troubleshooting like beta testers. that is not acceptable. ULi needs to give back on this one.

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

yeah and i still say everyone here should consider a class action as you've all paid a hefty price for a board to spend x months troubleshooting like beta testers. that is not acceptable. ULi needs to give back on this one.

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

yeah you should definitely sue ULI/Nvidia for this problem

let us know how you make out

I still have the problem with the "new" driver and the new BIOS.

That said, it may be a bit better, I'm seeing no freezes during boot and can run HDTune's longest test with just one freeze every other run. I saw my first freeze free run since I got the board.

That said, one freeze is one too many. :(

BTW, if there is a poblem of space in the BIOS.

Thats a point why didnt dfi ship the board with 8mbit rom instead of 4mbit. Wouldnt the 8mbit have more space?

And if someone brings up the matter of cost, well this happens to be almost the dearest of all 939 boards (actually im pretty certain it is the DEAREST)

Yes, it would have twice as much ..... still should be enough space for it on a floppy too.

If there really isn't enough space it's lazy design specs and as I said before, the ASUS works with both controllers and has a booting option to pick which to use.

I'm quite happy to lose MemTest from the BIOS if it means more space to fix the problems.

CMOS reloaded I don't want to lose though .....

So are you still seeing the errors in event viewer Nem?

I think I'm just going to get the Asus board to be honest, I can't be arsed with all this now. I don't get any errors, but I'm still getting the occasional freeze and that's with my two Raptors in RAID 0 on the Sil controller and one HDD on the ULi controller.

I've not even looked at event viewer since I disabled the ULI utility. What I'm seeing is 2 to 5 second freezes where the disk controller is active, the drives are not doing anything and the machine is halted.

I've just had a look though and I see this:

=============

An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk0D during a paging operation.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

==============

This happend just 5 mins ago.

@bmorgan: yes, I could lose 1 bank, maybe 2 ..... or maybe even dropping the description space to 1 line in each of them would be enough. :)