Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

OK I have a question my return date is way past due at Newegg(30 day limit)

RMA the board and all your gonna get is "no problem found" and no mobo for a month.Then they will send the same board back.

I have contacted my CC company to dispute the charges based on this and contatcing the better buisness b. at www.bbb.org

I suggest all (including outside the country) do the same.It's reached that point where DFI have proven they are not intrested in fixing the problem.

And realy,Happy Games if you are suggesting that DFI is not responsible because its a non DFI part causing the problem that is urther proof that DFI ias not a respetful company.

It was DFI job to verify the integrity of that component before moving ahead with manufacturing.

And last I checked DFI holds the waranty on the board.Though I understand DFI ISNT going to take responsibility in this matter.Which will make it that much easier to convince others not to use DFI again.

I want my money back or a new board and dont dare try to turn this around on me I am the customer and it was my money down the toilet.

WAKE UP PEOPLE ITS A MANUFACTURING DEFECT!

CFX3200(BIOS 425)

AMD 4000 (Zalman cooler)

OCZ GX 700

2G Corsair XMS 3200 Twinx2048-3200c2pt (2326 CAS2)

Audigy 2ZS

ATI 1900xtx

2x120G Seagate SATA I on the SIL

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest all (including outside the country) do the same.It's reached that point where DFI have proven they are not intrested in fixing the problem.

How can you say they are not commited to fixing the problem? They've given us a new BIOS and a two new drivers. It's ridiculous to suggest that. Unless your definition of "not interested" is "They didn't fix the problem the moment I had it!"

That being said, I would certainly agree it's a bad run of chips by this point, and I'm going to (try and) make a stink with DFI until I get my "advance replacement" as Nemesis.ie suggests.

Flood DFITS, they don't hang around here too much as far as I can tell.

Email is DFITS at dfi dot com dot tw.

Can I switch to Sil without reinstalling?

After weeks of messing with my Dual core, single core, 2 gig pack crucial, 1 gig pack Gskill, X-Fi, Audigy 2ZS, Fortissimo II sound card ffs, and countless hours tweaking memory settings, I think I've stumbled on to my answers.

This is my fourth DFI because they are good overclockers. They've all been quirky. I don't buy the always blame them thing. Never stopped the cold boot issues with my DFI NF2 Infinity and a few other things. My NF4 was probably my best DFI but now I'm in deep water again. My Crossfire cards have probably depreciated $300 and this board $50 while I play xbox360 because the thoughts of turning my rig on gives me cold sweats. Of course, I spent a lot of time on this thread and trying all this stuff. It's really getting to be a full time job. Time is money.

I have just started to get these m5288 timeouts bad over the last couple days. They existed before the latest beta bios and driver, but have increased since I updated my bios and the driver. To spend this amount of money and get this experience with this board has left me extremely unhappy.

I bought only the best components from a reputable retailer (NewEgg) and don't want to do an RMA unless I know this issue would be fixed. When I spoke with Sean at DFI today he was rather apologetic to my situtaion and said that the engineers were having a conference call today. This was to discuss this issue. He believed that there was an updated hardware revision of the ULI chipset that may fix this issue. I explained to him that I do not want a hotfix software solution to this problem if that is the case and would like to have some sort of cross-shipped RMA process for my troubles. I do not know if this will occur, but at least if it is a hardware issue they should acknowledge and replace each defective board at their cost and not mine. It has already cost me 2 months of headaches and countless hours of backing up and reloading my OS. I have even ditched my RAID array for now until there is some sort of resoultion.

I hope Sean sends me an email tommorow to update me on the situtaion and possibly a solution that meets my expectations. He assured me he would. We shall see.

Someone posted above that they received a new board through RMA that worked properly. Perhaps this is a newer revision of the ULI Chip?

^ Don't know what happenned with the sig. I just can't afford any time sending it back if it might come back untouched for a problem when tech support here knows we've done everything. I mean I can't in good conscience sell it myself, and I spent $225 on this thing when it came out and have been messing with it ever since. :( Just can't do that to people and neither can DFI.

Exactly, if it is the chips, we need advance RMAs. I'm more than happy to do like I do all the time with hard drives, you give your credit card, they send a new drive (motherboard) and then if you do not return the old one you get billed.

In this case they should also arrange collection of the old one after e.g. a week (so we can swap/test) so we don't pay for shipping.

On a side note, I tried to do a backup for the first time with the new (August) BIOS .... and (damnit!!!) whatever they have done, I have enabled the SII controller (SATA only) but it does not see any drives in fact it's BIOS messages don't even show AT ALL.

So it looks like they fixed the two BIOS problem by just disabling one completely!

I used to be able to backup from my R0x4 ULI to my single drive on the SII no problem ..... it might be back to the July BIOS for me. :(

I have just started to get these m5288 timeouts bad over the last couple days. They existed before the latest beta bios and driver, but have increased since I updated my bios and the driver. To spend this amount of money and get this experience with this board has left me extremely unhappy.

I bought only the best components from a reputable retailer (NewEgg) and don't want to do an RMA unless I know this issue would be fixed. When I spoke with Sean at DFI today he was rather apologetic to my situtaion and said that the engineers were having a conference call today. This was to discuss this issue. He believed that there was an updated hardware revision of the ULI chipset that may fix this issue. I explained to him that I do not want a hotfix software solution to this problem if that is the case and would like to have some sort of cross-shipped RMA process for my troubles. I do not know if this will occur, but at least if it is a hardware issue they should acknowledge and replace each defective board at their cost and not mine. It has already cost me 2 months of headaches and countless hours of backing up and reloading my OS. I have even ditched my RAID array for now until there is some sort of resoultion.

I hope Sean sends me an email tommorow to update me on the situtaion and possibly a solution that meets my expectations. He assured me he would. We shall see.

Someone posted above that they received a new board through RMA that worked properly. Perhaps this is a newer revision of the ULI Chip?

That would be really nice! If this happens they should give us all a RMA number or somthing that tells Newegg or whomever we bought it from that we need a new revision Mobo with the new ULI chip.

Hi Guys,

I did the upgrade a few days ago i believe 08/04/2006 or so. Everything has been working fine except that now I am getting ATAPI errors similar to the error with the disk. I am not to concerned about it since it is the optical drives on my machine. I would be more concerned about the disk drive instead. Non the less i think it is probally something to look at. Thank you.

Check this out:

Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply, after you replacement motherboard if the Uli raid0 issue has been solve please tell me.

Unfortunately they didn't specify if I could get a replacement through them or if I had to RMA back to the retailer (newegg). This is also funny because they never asked me my system specifications and automatically assumed I'd be using RAID0