Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What great news, I am really glad DFI finally took the necessary step, a bios upgrade, to fix this, we have been pushing for that for months, better late from never, enjoy the great board.

I am still waiting on my conroe, for my asus board (nice board, but I miss the DFI settings...)

Maybe DFI will come with a must have board for my next upgrade cycle when vista rolls, and DX10 cards are out.

Great News for all of you, and way to stick to it, and fight for a solution.

I was getting the errors. I reinstalled the OS on Saturday 08/05 with the new raid driver, after undating the bios with the new 7/28 beta. So far so good, no errors.

Hmm, my signature does not show up. Here it is anyway:

DFI Lanparty UT CFX3200-DR

AMD Athlon 3500

2x512 Corsair C3200 XMS

Powercolor X1800 GTO 256MB PCI=E x16

2 x WD1600 in RAID 0 on ULI m1575

Plextor Premium CD burner

OCZ Powerstream 520 PSU

BIOS 07/28/06

Pretty good decision then if you decided to see what other users were going through.

I try to do the same thing before I spend any of my own money on my own personal items

Usually means that I end up with good stuff without too much headache.

yeah well i generally take that path for atleast a week with any purchase but after nVidia purchased ULi (which was a blatant move to take away what ATi needed - a quality SB) i figured there was a good chance something might turn up. that said watching this unfold onto so many boards featuring this SB is not pleasing.

while i am here people can left and right blame DFI for this but all whom are are not paying attention to the fact that this issue has appeared on, to my knowledge, every board featuring this SB. it's a chipset/driver issue and both of which come from ULi/nVidia. simply put all of the motherboard manufacturers were looking at an option of using ATi's SB, which would undercut the performance of their board, or something that would make their board an equal to or better than the nVidia offerings. that decision was easy. problem is that the product they were shipped appears to have been flawed. the fix is partially the board manufacturers to handle in the form of deploying it but the solution can only come from ULi/nVidia as the problem component is their product.

I have drive "0" partitioned once. On the first partition (30 GB) I have the OS and a few programs , on the second (~160 GB) I have games. On another drive with no partitions (~160 GB) I have video files and storage. Both drives are Seagate NCQ enabled drives.

The break down is this:

Drive one:

C: 30GB

E: 160GB

Drive two:

D: 200GB

Here's the thing: I only have errors on drive "D" never on drives "C" or "E". And the errors ore the typical "time-out errors".

I still have the errors even after the bios update and driver update.

I have no idea what to do at this point (save for using the SIL connections). :mad:

mizzer