Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I know. Out of in-store RMA warranty time by far and it's never worked right for me. Faith in a fix or that i might be missing something in the myriad of bios options kept me on it. So much lost time and heartbreak. It really rips your gut to have this kind of money in machines and have it not work. We know $220 boards and $500 aren't wise investments but damn how it hurts when you can't even use it.

texuspete00, try talking directly with DFI USA. Their policies state that the end-user must go back through the vendor, but they may make a special case due to these well-documented problems. I have an RMA number from Newegg, but I'm going to try DFI first because I'll almost be guarrantied a newer revision board (as opposed to Newegg which will probably just pull the next one off the shelf.)

As I stated before, it looks like DFI is starting to think "bad run of chips" like the rest of us.

hey Guys,

I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have the uli issues. I didn't read al of the thread, but have you guys compared your s/n from the controllers? Call me stoopid, but maybe there is a pattern in it?

Like I said, i didn't read all of the thread. But is it's just an idea.

Funny. Never had the infamous ULI errors before and now that I've updated to this BIOS, I'm receiving them?! :confused:

Getting similar results here, but I did have the errors up until two weeks after using the 5/23 BIOS. Got my first set of the errors since then this morning about two days after installing the 7/28 BIOS. However, I have been meaning to reformat for a few weeks and so I have not updated the driver yet. The BIOS may require the new drivers to work correctly so I won't know until then. If it still happens, back to 5/23 for me.