X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

I had to raise voltage to the cpu abit more to get my 4400+ higher than 2.6Ghz.

After doing that I had to install a extra fan over the PWMIC to keep temp stable at ~50C under full load or my system would crash.

Have it 100% stable at 2794Mhz now but think I can get a few more Mhz out of the rig. Just have to find the time to play around abit with the diffrent settings abit more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how high with the voltages? I run my X2 4400+ at 2700Mhz at 1.45v.

I'm very interested how warm your x2 gets with the xp120 and which fan are you using and how fast does it rotate?

At the moment ... even though my oc is 24Hr Prime stable ... the memory still fails the HCI memtest ... it passed memtest86 allright, but failed HCI.

BTW .... its nice to see some 2.7 and more of x2-4400++ owners. Looks like al in all it depends on how far u r willing to go with the voltages. With air, I'll stick with what i have(2.4 and 2.5) and will definitely try to push beyond that. Having 4 sticks also presents a challenge in itself.

Currently i'm running at 2.7 and so far it is stable. I'm only using stock heatsink and fan. I'm running a 270X10 my voltage is sitting around 1.57Vcore and my temp is sitting around 40-45 load.

Although I acheived this through many hours of screwing up lol.

I hope this gives some of you some hope on getting yours up that extra little bit.

I have a thermalright XP-90c coming in the mail so look forward to it getting here and trying to up it a little more, maybe even get a 2.8 stable.

I have been reading about the temps with watercooling. Have these waterblocks been Lapped to a mirror finish with 2000 grit and polished out with jewlers rouge or metal polish.

I never get over 30.6C even during Prime95. I did however put a few hours polishing my blocks out and this custom system moves a lot of air over the radiator.

As far as overclocking goes I am not faring as well as I had hoped. I just had it fail at 245x11 on 1.632 volts. Anything above 248X11 and I have to up my voltage just to get it to post stable in windows, 2770 is definitely my ceiling just to get windows up. However I can't get both sides to run stable. I expect I just have a chip with one very weak side. CPU0 will run Prime95 at 2750 just fine but CPU1 is constantly failing. If 2640 is the best I can do stable I may run it on a 10x multiplier for the bandwidth. Well 2684 is holding stable so far. My memory is running great after replacing my PSU with an OCZ 600W. These 4400 x2's do not appear to be routinely overclockable so don't get your hopes up for any extreme OC. It's frustrating to have one good CPU in a chip and the other fall on it's face. CPU0 will run even with lower voltage but without voltage CPU1 is hosed. Single core seem to be more dependable to reach an expected OC.

I'm very interested in what your definition of load is.

In my case load is prime on each core, dual prime. and My load temp is 51degrees celcius with the stock x2 4400+ heatpipe cooler.

Is that xp-90c so recolutionairy or is your idea of load another one? Also... what fan did you mount on your xp90c?

Currently i'm running at 2.7 and so far it is stable. I'm only using stock heatsink and fan. I'm running a 270X10 my voltage is sitting around 1.57Vcore and my temp is sitting around 40-45 load.

Although I acheived this through many hours of screwing up lol.

I hope this gives some of you some hope on getting yours up that extra little bit.

I have a thermalright XP-90c coming in the mail so look forward to it getting here and trying to up it a little more, maybe even get a 2.8 stable.

• 8 months later...

hi - i got a x2 4200 and was able to get it to 2.75 on air cooled

with 1.5 volts -- i did have to keep the A/C on to keep it cool and under 50c - it was mostly 50c to 55c under load while testing - but passed and is stable -

i would be worried with higher volts -- unless i can keep the temps down

i would have tought the 4400+ would just the same -- only difference is the extra cache - i got the 4200+ because it was 100 dollars cheaper when i got it - and thats a big difference - from what i been reading

it actually worked out better with the OC -- maybe you check out your case air flow - thats alot of volts just to get 2.4 or 2.6 --

i am running mines 24/7 at 260x10 and with 1.4 volts - works fine

worst case at this point - you get a new cpu - prices are very cheap now - so i guess have fun :)

thats nice with stock volts - i think i was stable at that spead and volts also - i didnt start to raise them till i got to 2.5 speed and higher -

i am at 1.4 running 2.6 - maybe after i WC - i can try for 2.8 - but i would have to raise the volts past 1.5 for sure - may or may not work even if i WC - just may be the max for the Cpu - i am just curious

but i wont try it till i am done setting up WC in a new case -

will take months for me -- i just started to order parts - very confusing sometimes

yeh it is..i just oc it to 2.6ghz right now..i'm going to prime it probably tomorrow..

i bumped my vcore to 1.44 to be able to get into windows..cause i wasn't able to get in before..it keeps on shutting off on me when i tried to log in..