X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

I been reading through the A64 OC Guide in the last few day, been testing my X2 4400+ for the CPU MAX and I can only get to FSB/HTT 227, 2.5Ghz.

I'm using water cooling for my Cpu and Gpu, Temps is around 48-51C when full load and Vcore 1.64!

I would like to know that if I can get higher CPU Max for my 4400??? Or that's really the max for my CPU??? Do I need better water cooling system or should I add more Voltage for my CPU??? Can anyone help me out on overclocking my CPU, I'm new in overclocking that's y I've got so many questions to ask, hehe!! Plx help me out!!! I'm stuck!!

Thanks very much to everyone!!! :P

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you followed the guide then that'll probably be ytour max. Just make sure you have your memory running on the 1/2 divider. However, those seem very high temps for the voltage you're giving it, are you sure your block is on corectly?

1.64VCore ... can you go higher (being watercool) ? Ive had mine stable at 2.5GHz at 1.49VCore with acceptable load temps(50c)... cant get anywhere near 237htt with 11X multi even at almost 1.59Vcore. The temps were horrible ... 57c load.

Currently mine at 2.42GHz. This 4400+ arent that friendly ....but i think i may be able to get it up to 2.7 with a planned swiftech wc upgrade. I thought the 4400+ can easily hits 2.6 and thats where it ends for most people. But you can get higher with a wc setup (and probably an active cool memory setup as well)

I wouldnt go to much higher than 1.65Vcore for 24/7 use. Also make sure to check your Vcore with a DMM as I always have about .02v more than bios selected.

You could trim off the IHS and gain some but it is risky, but usually shows good results under watercooling.

Also have you tried your max OC with two sticks of RAM instead of four? Might let you know if it is memory holding you back. Just a thought.

Even with IHS off and up to 1.85 volts I cannot get anything past 2750 stable. Temps have never been above 30C even under load in this cool weather, so I'm guessing it's more of a CPU issue than anything else. Adding watercooling to mine didn't do much except reduce temps, never got any better overclock out of it. Chances are you probably won't get much more than what you have if you're doing it correctly.

im getting my 4400+ stable on 2.5 ghz with a ninja and a tricool fan on low, with temps at like 45C max. Mine only needed like.. 1.35 x 113% voltage?

X2's dont overclock very well.. most people get around around 2.5 ghz, and 2.7 ghz for those with better watercooling and stuff.

im getting my 4400+ stable on 2.5 ghz with a ninja and a tricool fan on low, with temps at like 45C max. Mine only needed like.. 1.35 x 113% voltage?

X2's dont overclock very well.. most people get around around 2.5 ghz, and 2.7 ghz for those with better watercooling and stuff.

thats about the same as mine at 2.5GHz. 1.35 X 113%. That translates to 1.49VCore in the bios so probably a tad more with a dmm. Since thats on air ive been thinking of hitting 2.7 with water and <1.6VCore.

As for X2's dont overclock well ... i agree ... but the 3800++ looks good.

mine is under water (heh) - but I can only manage 2.5 @1.4v - anything higher wont stabalise not matter what volts- if i trim the IHS off - will prob get a little higher but not much.

2.5Ghz x2 is nothing to be laughed at anyways - thats still more than a 4800+!

Hi

I am using water and have managed to get to 2.64 (11*240 and 10*264) with 1.475 v , I could go higher but I found the the temp difference between the 2 cores in SiSandra were more than I would ideally like.

I have managed 18 h P95 stable and BF2, CoD2 and FEAR all run fine although it has taken a while to get to that point and I still have a bit of tweaking to do to the RAM.

I had kind of been wondering about the new AMD dual core that is due in January will it be a suped up version of the 4800+ or a new one full stop. If it is a new version which in my case (my 10% increase) could mean the new dual core chip hitting 2.8 or maybe 2.9. Hmm I wonder what the new FX chip will be single or dual.....

Well back to the thread....sorry..... Only thing i can suggest is to increase the cooling and the water flow this may help you reduce the CPU temp and increase the possible volts. I am also using 4 sticks and can tell you know they are a PAIN in the **** to get them stable even at stock speed. My sig gives you what I am using

At the moment ... even though my oc is 24Hr Prime stable ... the memory still fails the HCI memtest ... it passed memtest86 allright, but failed HCI.

BTW .... its nice to see some 2.7 and more of x2-4400++ owners. Looks like al in all it depends on how far u r willing to go with the voltages. With air, I'll stick with what i have(2.4 and 2.5) and will definitely try to push beyond that. Having 4 sticks also presents a challenge in itself.