X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been reading through the A64 OC Guide in the last few day, been testing my X2 4400+ for the CPU MAX and I can only get to FSB/HTT 227, 2.5Ghz.

I'm using water cooling for my Cpu and Gpu, Temps is around 48-51C when full load and Vcore 1.64!

I would like to know that if I can get higher CPU Max for my 4400??? Or that's really the max for my CPU??? Do I need better water cooling system or should I add more Voltage for my CPU??? Can anyone help me out on overclocking my CPU, I'm new in overclocking that's y I've got so many questions to ask, hehe!! Plx help me out!!! I'm stuck!!

Thanks very much to everyone!!! :P

Dude 2.5Ghz is good enough...the 4400+ will get at least 2.5 up to 2.7Ghz on water if you are lucky. Forget about higher speed than that even if you got the best memory on the planet! You will need an extreme phase cooling for that. The only thing I am worried is your temp! It is much too high for water cooling. Even mine running the same voltage...the max it will hit is 45C (rarely though).

i'm at 2816MHz (256x11) so far :D

temps are just touching 42C under load (2x folding@home)

i just have the standard swiftech apex kit

@tatts, what ramsinks do you have on your BFG7800 memory?

I was thinking........ my temps are too high(34, 49-52load).........with watercool.......voltage too high as well(1.64)..........hum................ is this because I'm using the ATI RDX200 Motherboard???? Does it matter????? id I get the worng Motherboard??????

I was thinking........ my temps are too high(34, 49-52load).........with watercool.......voltage too high as well(1.64)..........hum................ is this because I'm using the ATI RDX200 Motherboard???? Does it matter????? id I get the worng Motherboard??????

I really dont think it is because the chipset difference....maybe check your water block connection?? do you put a good quality thermal paste on it??? By the way what is your chipset and PWMIC temp??? Try not to get above 50C for both of them...

I'm a novice at this but last night using Angry's OC tutorial on finding highest CPU fsb (mem divider at 1/2), I found that I couldn't get past 213 (low I know) in SuperPI at 1.5v until I went down to 1.475v which has passed at 220 so far. Does this seem right....undervolt results in better CPU stability. Should the path I'm going down (undervolt) have negative consequences after finding my RAM top FSB and then negotiating the best of the two (RAM and CPU FSB)?

Thx.

I'm a novice at this but last night using Angry's OC tutorial on finding highest CPU fsb (mem divider at 1/2), I found that I couldn't get past 213 (low I know) in SuperPI at 1.5v until I went down to 1.475v which has passed at 220 so far. Does this seem right....undervolt results in better CPU stability. Should the path I'm going down (undervolt) have negative consequences after finding my RAM top FSB and then negotiating the best of the two (RAM and CPU FSB)?

Thx.

Thats weird .. i dont think so. U should get at least up to 227x11 with that voltage. 2.5GHz is basically what most of 4400+ will at least get before things started getting harder to tweak.

I'm using a zalman water cooling block and I use the coolermaster thermal paste. PWMIC aroung 40C and Chipset around 46C!!! Maybe I should redo the CPU Block and see if it is the water block connections!!

How does pwmic and ur chipset got anything to do with the cpu waterblock ? u watercool ur chipset as well(not on ur sig). ? Additional fans on both area should help the temps. Hows the weather in HK ? .. how bout ur ambient temps ?