X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remove the IHS and theyll be even lower :nod:

my 4200 (only 2.4ghz as i only got it today) is 25C idle 30C load running prime on both cores plus i got a DD maze4 which keeps my 7800gt under 31C (bug in software wont read lower) at load running 499/1200, max i seen on a hot day was 33C load and im only using the swiftech kit ;)

if cpu-z is correct(it doesn't read my core speed or my fsb correctly) it is

stepping 1 revision bh-e4

keep in mind this is a 4200.

I had some problems with everything at first, until i crapcanned my Antec 480. I am on a 9/10 divider and stable for 8 hours on prime(just haven't run it longer than that is all) and run a 7997 stable 3D.......so far. Before the divider and the PS, I was having problems getting much over 230.

I am infact running at 2750 (250x11)

CPUz says voltage is 1.58 (Nvida monitor says 1.4)

Nvidia Monitor reports CPU temp 21, System 30.

Temps can not be right, as I am on air still (for the next 3 days).

Regardless, 9 hours prime stable at 2.75 on AIR.

I thought the Toledo's were better o/c'ers than the Manchesters.

I thought so ... but a lot of people having problem surrpassing the 2.6 mark .. mine goes only to 2.5 with acceptable voltage range. But there are people that get it up to 3.0 ... thats with prometia. Water cooled so far is what .. i saw somebody here @2875MHz

@tatts ... how is the build quality of the swiftech kit ? im planning for the Apex ultra and dd78 ... should be ok for my rig isnt it ?

Im 10hr+ Prime Stable at 2.6Ghz with my 3800X2 Toledo. 260x10 (166Ram Divider). 1.65v (1.5 x 110%) running with a Big Tyhpoon in a closed Antec Sonata. Idle ~32-33C (28 on start up) and load at about 50-51C.

The temps look good and I ran my older S754 A64-3200 at the same voltage for over a year before I sold it. Meaning, if it dies it dies but Im taking my chances.