X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

Not every processor is equal. i'm hitting a brick wall @ 2.550 no matter what.

difference is also between the Toledo and Manchester core.

however the x2 4400+ has 2x 1024kb cache rather than 2x 512.

I've had a x2 3800+ which clocked better than my x2 4400+ .....:P

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after lowering the HTT to 4x, I'm up to priming 263x10x4 @ the moment.

Set my Vcore @ 1.5 + 108.6%. So bios gives me 1.58V

Temps are around 40 - 41

Seems oke to me.

I've seen that most 4400+ on other boards don't need so much Vcore for a nice OC. Don't know why.....

Am interesting in seeing them as my setup is quite similar but with single memstick. I run 24/7 @2.52GHZ @1.38v on CPU

Thanks in advance

:)

Not sure if im just lucky or not but ive quite happily been up to and past 2.6Ghz on my 4400 with as little as 1.4-1.42 volts iirc.

Ive got everything at stock just now until my new PSU and Graphics card get to me on friday[My 7900gtx broke and i got a full refund, 8800 only cost me £120, what a bargain imo!]

Once i get the new parts ill be giving it another spin to get as much out this 4400 as i can. Temps are usually 21-24 degrees idle at stock on my CPU, air cooling.

Not sure if im just lucky or not but ive quite happily been up to and past 2.6Ghz on my 4400 with as little as 1.4-1.42 volts iirc.

Ive got everything at stock just now until my new PSU and Graphics card get to me on friday[My 7900gtx broke and i got a full refund, 8800 only cost me £120, what a bargain imo!]

Once i get the new parts ill be giving it another spin to get as much out this 4400 as i can. Temps are usually 21-24 degrees idle at stock on my CPU, air cooling.

I have gotten that at about the same voltage range, but am always looking for the magic bullet fo overclocking. That is a great price on the 8800. I hear that it is a pretty current hungry Vidcard though. What brand and model number is the is the 8800. Wow, those things go for €450,00-€670,00 including tax here. Are you sure that thing isn't hot/onfire (mild euphemism for stolen)? hehehehe

I have gotten that at about the same voltage range, but am always looking for the magic bullet fo overclocking. That is a great price on the 8800. I hear that it is a pretty current hungry Vidcard though. What brand and model number is the is the 8800. Wow, those things go for €450,00-€670,00 including tax here. Are you sure that thing isn't hot/onfire (mild euphemism for stolen)? hehehehe

Its an XFX one, Its so cheap cause im getting a refund on my 7900GTX which is bust, after counting that the 8800 is going to be very cheap indeed :)

http://xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfig...roductId=731022

My x2 4200+ is Prime stable @2500 (250x10) @ 1.425 and then if i want to reach 2600 (260x10) Prime stable i have to go all the way up to 1.525.

I thought that was high, but judging from you results thats an acceptable voltage for 2,6 Ghz right?

My temps at 2,6 are 30-32 idle and 40-42 Full.

can you post screenies of your timings for 2.6?

My daily clock is 2.5 GHZ and it is nice and stable.

Sorry i dont have any at the moment, ill post some up by the end of the weekend when i have another go at it ;)

I can give you mine, but it's another board and another Vcore. Let me know if you're interested.

Guest RohypnoL
my temp right now is at idles at 25c with wc..

i dont know if thats good temp or not man..

Yeah mine does about the same with my pretty heavily overclocked Sandy: 2200 -> 2900. Load only hits about 36-37c with 1.616v (according to CPUz) going through it.