unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

Seems like my 0546 is better than my 0551, the newer one failed prime after 4 minutes. Used the same settings and all....... but, I guess I will have to start from scratch and see how high this babby takes me.

*Edit*

305 x 9 = 2750 @ 1.66vcore prime stable for 8+ hrs. now and still running. Phew, this baby got me worried there for a minute.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like my 0546 is better than my 0551, the newer one failed prime after 4 minutes. Used the same settings and all....... but, I guess I will have to start from scratch and see how high this babby takes me.

*Edit*

305 x 9 = 2750 @ 1.66vcore prime stable for 8+ hrs. now and still running. Phew, this baby got me worried there for a minute.

what are your temps at 1.66v???

CJ

This is my first-time AMD overclock and first-time DFI board. Jumped on the Opteron 165 bandwagon with an 0550 UPMW stepping. This is my game machine so looking for 24/7 fun not an extreme oc. So I am using AS5 w/ the stock HSF (the cool new one) and nearly stock voltages to help keep heat down and I am nicely at 2.6ghz with probably more room to go if I wanted to tinker further.

I have 9x289 on cpu and used the 9/10 divider on 2x1024 OCZ Gold PC4000 ram. CSS and BF2 are a dream. Was using 2x eVGA n527 7800gtx 256mb in SLI but adding the second card created a lot of heat and I didn't see much improvement if any in CSS. So I am swapping out for an eVGA n545 7800GTX 512mb as a compromise.

Here is a screenie after running Prim95 for over 8 hours last night. CPU temp was 43-45 over course of test and idles at 29. Hopefully that is enough to declare stable as I would rather be using it than priming it ;)

Link to Prime95 test results screenie

Thanks to all who PM'd me and coached along the way. The end result is a VERY nice system indeed.

Well, just to update you, My computer is gone well strange. Little things mainly. But since the 'Heart transplant' from a 3500 winnie, Keep getting kicked on BF2 and other, little buggy things just in windows. I think windows doesnt like the processor been changed, especially from single to duel core, but i also have the ropey 2GB ballistix Kit thats having massive fail rates and one set went on me already. So im not sure what put it down to. Im getting myself a WD raptor 150GB next week and having a fresh install of windows, If problems still persist ill put it down to this memory on its way out AGAIN!!!

Well, just to update you, My computer is gone well strange. Little things mainly. But since the 'Heart transplant' from a 3500 winnie, Keep getting kicked on BF2 and other, little buggy things just in windows. I think windows doesnt like the processor been changed, especially from single to duel core, but i also have the ropey 2GB ballistix Kit thats having massive fail rates and one set went on me already. So im not sure what put it down to. Im getting myself a WD raptor 150GB next week and having a fresh install of windows, If problems still persist ill put it down to this memory on its way out AGAIN!!!

I went through the same thing when I wentto dual core. There is a X2 driver on AMD's site and also there is a microsoft hotfix. A quikc search on google will get you both. It fixed nearly every problem I was having.