Nf4 Ultra-D power issues with seasonic

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just used mine and it ain't booting (but I might have wired it wrong or something).

It appears not to be recognising my VGA card as I'm getting 2 LED's, and that seems different from the other S12 boot up problem people have experienced.

Any suggestions?

I've got an S12 A.02 and the problem still occurs!

I've got a diff Symptom from users on this thread.

All lights are on, inc DRAM. when trying post, it boots up, then The fans just spin heavily but nothing comes on the screen.

when I shutdown the pc and try to boot it up again it wouldnt boot. I have to turn off the PSU by its switch leave it for a few secs then turn it on again the pc would work.

and my retailer wants me to pay RMA for returning an non faulty ITEM. But incompatibity is a FAULT, why would other PSUs work but Seasonics? I don't like how seasonics is blaming DFI and not take any responsibility. I want for them to refund all our money!!!!!! hehe

I am changing my outlook on seasoic....

I am still trouble shooting my system. I believe the problem is either PSU or BIOS but not sure which? I was looking for a way to eliminate the PSU as the cause.

ISSUE: I would like to trouble shoot PSU until it is determined whether PSU is the issue:

Seasonic is willing to RMA my PSU; however, I have spent a nice sum to have my PSU custom rigged for this box. I was hopping to get some assistance to trouble shoot to see if the PSU was the issue before i just "RMA-D" the PSU.

1. I have e-mailed Seasonic numerous times and requsted support for trouble shooting to which Seasonic suggest I just RMA my PSU -- despite my continued e-mails? The E-mails are written in broken English as if the individuals do not fully understand much beyond DFI?

2. I have called Seasonic 6 times now since my e-mails are not working and have spoken with receptionist whose English is relative. The engineers will not accept my calls and have yet to return my message/request for assistance.

Possibly I have it wrong? I guess I would have expected some hand holding here before returning what could be a perfectly good PSU? Eitherway it ruined my perception of Seasonic.

Seasonic = NO Support.

I dunno. I now have a 520 powerstream and I still like the Seasonic better. Not powering the SLI-DR is the only issue I had, and it is much quieter, not to mention 10% more power consumption efficient. At the rate my overclocked rigs draw power, and if I use them for a long time at full CPU load, the Seasonic will even pay for itself.

I tested and I don't get a single MHz more overclock out of the OCZ than my Zalman, so that argument doesn't count either.

I am changing my outlook on seasoic....

I am still trouble shooting my system. I believe the problem is either PSU or BIOS but not sure which? I was looking for a way to eliminate the PSU as the cause.

ISSUE: I would like to trouble shoot PSU until it is determined whether PSU is the issue:

Seasonic is willing to RMA my PSU; however, I have spent a nice sum to have my PSU custom rigged for this box. I was hopping to get some assistance to trouble shoot to see if the PSU was the issue before i just "RMA-D" the PSU.

1. I have e-mailed Seasonic numerous times and requsted support for trouble shooting to which Seasonic suggest I just RMA my PSU -- despite my continued e-mails? The E-mails are written in broken English as if the individuals do not fully understand much beyond DFI?

2. I have called Seasonic 6 times now since my e-mails are not working and have spoken with receptionist whose English is relative. The engineers will not accept my calls and have yet to return my message/request for assistance.

Possibly I have it wrong? I guess I would have expected some hand holding here before returning what could be a perfectly good PSU? Eitherway it ruined my perception of Seasonic.

Seasonic = NO Support.

No offense, but what do you expect? they offered to RMA it. You plug it in and it either works or doesn't, there isn't much troubleshooting that can be done (at least that the typical PC owner can do). I doubt they expect the people that buy their power supplies to own oscilloscopes, and amp meters, ect.. to check voltage, current and timing measurments .. and i doubt the engineers want to walk people through on how to take measurements, or what to look for to narrow down the problem.

If you really want to narrow down the problem, try it on a different brand motherboard, and see if the problem follows. Or even try a different model one. There seems to be 2 things in common between the people that have problems with these power supplies, DFI nF4 and Seasonic S-12.

I hope i don't come across as an a-hole, because i'm not trying to be. i've been following this thread cause i own a S-12 600, and planned on upgrading from my nF3 board to something different and didn't want to be in the same boat that alot of DFI nF4 owners seem to be in. So far the seasonic works flawlessly on the new DFI RDX200 CF-DR, as it did on my old nF3. Maybe i just an lucky, i dunno since i never tested it on a DFI nF4.