Nf4 Ultra-D power issues with seasonic

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so are there any hard numbers available?

For the theory that the DFI pulls too much 5V, is there any number available how much it is supposed to poll and what the Seasonic PSUs deliver?

For the theory that the DFI does not pull enough current to make the PSU realize it is driving something, are there any numbers available what the minimum current for the PSU is and what (and where) the DFI pulls?

Now that more about the issue is known, does it look likely that the DFI Expert motherboard has the potential for the same problem with Seasonic PSU's? (does the Expert need as much from the 5V and will the EPS connector help)

For what it's worth, my Seasonic s12-430 works flawlessly with an ASUS A8N SLI Premium. All I got were the 4 LEDs of death on my Ultra-D with the psu and hsf fans spinning normally with the Seasonic.

However my Enermax 535w works fine with the Ultra D. The Enermax specs say it has 2.5A on the +5v sb rail while the Seasonic says it meets the Intel specs of 2.0A on the +5v sb rail. Looks to my simple mind :rolleyes: that the DFI Ultra D is pulling more than 2.0A on that silly +5v sb rail.

For what it's worth, my Seasonic s12-430 works flawlessly with an ASUS A8N SLI Premium. All I got were the 4 LEDs of death on my Ultra-D with the psu and hsf fans spinning normally with the Seasonic.

However my Enermax 535w works fine with the Ultra D. The Enermax specs say it has 2.5A on the +5v sb rail while the Seasonic says it meets the Intel specs of 2.0A on the +5v sb rail. Looks to my simple mind :rolleyes: that the DFI Ultra D is pulling more than 2.0A on that silly +5v sb rail.

I believe that you are correct & I believe that putting a 1000uF cap across the +5VSB, may solve the problem. ;)

I received my seasonic S12-600 (rev A02) yesterday, no problem, it's working well with my DFi nf4 ultra D.

The only bad thing is that with only one hard drive, my volts are:

3.18-4.86-11.95

please does someone know why I have low voltage with this PSU and only one hard drive?

My PC:

A64 venice 3000+ @ 2.6G 1.6v

2*512 DDR600 Patriot

Dfi nf4 ultra d

Seasonic S12 600

Seagate 200Go Ide

His radeon X800xl 256 Pci-e

I received my seasonic S12-600 (rev A02) yesterday, no problem, it's working well with my DFi nf4 ultra D.

The only bad thing is that with only one hard drive, my volts are:

3.18-4.86-11.95

please does someone know why I have low voltage with this PSU and only one hard drive?

First use a voltmeter to verify this is actually what you get.