Nf4 Ultra-D power issues with seasonic

I have an s12 600 watt power supply and I have been having problems booting and thought it was my ram but I am using my friends antec true power 2.0 480 watt and it boots every time. I bought my s12 from ewiz in july and just in the last month I have been using my nf4 ultra-d motherboard. In the beginning it happened every now and then but I thought it was just due to me overclocking and locking up the computer but now I know it's the power supply. It looks like I have an A2 from what I can see. A picture of the label of my s12 is attached.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick Q re: this whole seasonic thing,

i have a sli-dr mobo and a 600w seasonic PSU. i dont get boot probs, just reboot. if i set my pc to reboot, just on the bios screen before IDE/sata drives are detected i get one or two lines of corrupted text (rest is ok) then it freezes. if i power off then power on, its all fine.

this happens on 3 out of 4 reboots.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i setup my PC yesterday and was horrified to find it wasn't booting up properly.

I'm not a massive techie head so most of the chat in this thread has gone straight over my head! I did manage to try some things though:

Changed the jumper settings, didn't work.

Changed the HD delay to 2 seconds, didn't work.

Removed the CPU fan from the cpu fan socket, didn't work.

My PSU is Rev.A2 and not Rev.A02 which is the one people have said now works fine. Is there actually a difference or have people just been typing it incorrectly?

If Seasonic are exchanging Rev.A2 ones for the supposedly fixed Rev.A02 ones then it may stop me from buying a new PSU!

Can anyone confirm this please?

Cheers,

Penn.

Hello,

I went through every post to see if I could find the answer and I am noit sure.

Rgone+Angry_games state A.02, are the others just missing out the 0 and saying A.2 instead?

Email Seasonic if no one can help here.

http://www.seasonic.com/co/index.jsp

About your problem, Are all 4 power connectors plugged into the board?

Power connector plugged into your video card?

Memory in the orange slots?

Did you perform a clean OS install or did you simply move your existing drive with the OS already installed into the rig?

Well i setup my PC yesterday and was horrified to find it wasn't booting up properly.

I'm not a massive techie head so most of the chat in this thread has gone straight over my head! I did manage to try some things though:

Changed the jumper settings, didn't work.

Changed the HD delay to 2 seconds, didn't work.

Removed the CPU fan from the cpu fan socket, didn't work.

My PSU is Rev.A2 and not Rev.A02 which is the one people have said now works fine. Is there actually a difference or have people just been typing it incorrectly?

If Seasonic are exchanging Rev.A2 ones for the supposedly fixed Rev.A02 ones then it may stop me from buying a new PSU!

Can anyone confirm this please?

Cheers,

Penn.

About your problem, Are all 4 power connectors plugged into the board?

Power connector plugged into your video card?

Memory in the orange slots?

Yes all 4 are plugged in.

Yes the power is in the gfx card.

No, the memory sticks are in the yellow slots, does this matter?

In reply to eXRoadie, it is a 100% clean windows install on the rig, every single part in the PC is brand new.

Just thought i'd mention too, i can actually get it to boot but just out of pure luck. If i switch the PSU on and off a few times in quick succesion then wait a few minutes it somtimes boots up.

I'm saving all the hassle by buying a PSU off the "A list" 2moro, although i would like to finally find out about my seasonic rev number so i can replace it with a 100% working PSU and then sell it on.

Thanks,

Penn.