Nf4 Ultra-D power issues with seasonic

Just stop the BS about the 5V, dfi could have derive the power from 12 V or 5V rail, it doesnt matter, U made up a name that NOONE knows.

"it's not like i've not been patient and tried getting help. nobody would give me a straight forward answer on multiple forums, "

Your initial question was flawed to begin with. No one can answer because they dont know what u are talking about.

Q: "Does the seasonic work properly with the 5v mem settings?"

A: Yes seasonic works on 4V mem settings.

Your question was answered, now describe your problem, what exactly is not working on your seasonic psu?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a not offically supported user mod, so that is actually the first time I have see such reference on DFI board.

You problem (if that is the one u are refering to) has nothing to do with the 5V mem jumper.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26467

so would you mind repeating your problem. (if u are not refering to the post above)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=192

reread that post...for some reason my seasonics don't work and yours does. You jumped all over me before you even really read my post.

one seasonic was a 500 (mine) one a 600 (borrowed..don't recall revision).

also, xtreme refers to the jumper as 5v all the time. tony has a few posts on there about that.

I have re-read it many times, I DO NOT get your problem...

I cant tell if your problem is using the OCZ mod (which FYI is on the 3.3V rail) or 4V(or 5V) memory jumper. Now I work as consultant so I generally work with offical documents, so if something is not mentioned in manual or the spec sheet, I might not have heard of it. (my bad, seems ppl refers the 4V mem jumper as 5V sometimes)

ok, now, U got to be WAY more specific about what doesnt work or I cant test your problem on my side.

Here is my questions:

Board rev? (I will see if I have an exact revision in stock)

describe what happens when u use 4V jumper:

system not boot up?

rail not able to give correct voltage? (specifically, first see if your board is giving u 3.5V when u set 3,5V in bios)

boots up...tune the settings. runs fine upto 3.2v (all the way to 255 mhz)

run 3.3v with a seasonic...does not pass memtest even test 1 even at 200 mhz with any memory setting/timing. drop the voltage back down..still won't pass until I clear the cmos and start over.

However, using a generic 24 pin, i picked up at frys, it's fine.

i know the mod is for people with modified 3.3v rails..i'm not attempting that mod at all. (i'm just showing you i've actually searched instead of blindly posting)

angry claims there's only one board revision..the "revision" denotes the bios shipped with the board.

heh ya the cmos clear part is a classy lady, but atleast u dont need to do it daily like me...

I risk killing my board everytime I need to test my client's ram T_T...well atleast I feel this way...

Board revision please?

I know ocz VX ram works fine on my board so I guess I will see if I have any client buying HyperX rams and test them on a DFI board.

And for troubleshooting purpose, can u use 623-3 bios for now while we work out this issue.

clearing isn't an issue.

my bh-5s are stable at 2.6v upto 207mhz with fully tuned or automatic timings on every board i've tried so far.

i'm just puzzled by this conflict.

The seasonic's power rails are stable beyond belief...which is why i'd really like to use this power supply. Otherwise I'll just volt mod some other board in a few days (after I get some more money)

Yes, I personnally perfer seasonic over ocz or enermax for efficency and noise control, but I will leave it at that before I get flamed by ocz and enermax ppl :P

Board revision please?

(ok, thanks, A00 humm i wonder if I have those old babies...update u later today)

And for troubleshooting purpose, can u use 623-3 bios for now while we work out this issue.

my stress test of the 600w was what convinced me.

9...yes 9 hard drives with a p4 3.4 prescott showed a max flux of .03 v on any rail. (ran low load 12 hrs..full load 12 hours ...even had 8 drives active at ALL times...then fluxing load 12 hours)

err..the dfi version is ra00..the seasonic is a02...not sure on the 600w i had borrowed.

i've tried 310..510..623..702..704 (mod versions and normal version applicable)....all do the same thing.

i'm pretty sure it's still some kind of weird incompatibility that happens even with a new batch of seasonics..i've yet to contact seasonic on it....hrm.