NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hey Hoot

Did you notice or look for fluxuationd in Vcore after you removed the resistor?

I did some testing of Vcore fluctuation while running Prime95 Torture Blend Test. Once the test kicked in, the Vcore rose 0.017V from what it was at idle and sat there rock solid. No Low frequency AC nor High frequency AC components were detectable at the socket. Just pure DC. So, I'd say they are using sufficient filtering inductors and capacitors. It is not unusual for the output of a switching regulator to go up slightly when more current is drawn from it, which explains the 0.017V rise.

Hoot

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap this situation stinks. Was hoping DFI was on a homerun streak. Patiently waiting tho' I know they'll not lets us down. Too many loyal DFIers out there for them to waste this opportunity to cash in on this market. I have no intention to move over to pci express unless DFI cant get this mess sorted out and I believe there are many who feel the same as I.

Ok, my lates oc adventures:

Sandra:

mem bandwidth = 6400 MB/s

Bios:

dram = 1T cmd rate

cpu = Pass through, +3v

ram = 2.7v (after reboot reads 2.77v)

HTT = 260 x 10 x 3x (edit: sorry)

CPU-Z:

vcore = 1.45 +/-.05

cpu = 2.6g +/-.001

mem = 217.3mhz

166/200 div

CAS# latency = 2.5

RAS# to CAS# delay = 3

RAS# precharge = 4

Cycle Time (Tras) = 11

Bank Cycle Time (Trc) = 11

Dram Idler Timer = 16

Dual

1024m (2x512)

rest is Auto

I am strictly doing Sandra Mem Bandwidth for stability right now. I do it

5 consecutive times for proof, otherwise it bsods. Thanks to xp, if it boots it can

be rebooted. When I get a bsod, i just reset, reset,reset.

This is so fast now I cannot believe it. I did a whole range of mem settings.

Primarily focusing on 1T, which gives you a 20% gain over 2T.

This is stable now for me. Did Pi 1m no problems. Won't torture test it until later. I'm letting it

burn in at this. Gonna do games for torture. If all is ok, when torture is necessary,

will do Prime95 with heavy ram and cpu.

Tccd are got all ur bases.

1st off i always TRY the power switch on the front of the case 1st (lol) the reset button is tried next, then when al else fails i use the switch.

Now you bring up the pulling the plug on the power supply well the tech and i talk about that too. if the capacitors inside the power supply were bad then yes pulling the plug out then back in would also send a surge to the capacitors inside the power supply which in theory would help it boot because it would have a sudden jolt of juice but he also said that, that would not work for long because your power supply would eventually not respond, in other words your power supply would die. but we are not unplugging the power supply we are just turning off the switch , and once the switch is turned off the circuit does not send juice to the board but the power supply is still getting the full current because it is still plugged in to your outlet. Then once the circuit is connected again it send current to the capacitors on the board and then it boots. the tech talk about how much juice is sent back in once the swicth is turned back on i will ask him for a schematic sheet explaining what he told me. there is a difference, take your volt meter once and test it with the power supply on, then turn off the switch only!!! leave your volt meter on and then turn the switch back on you will see the volt meter jump. Remember this is what i was told and i have tried other power supplies they work on other pc's with out any problems but not on here :( I guess i will never be able to shutdown my PC (rofl) So back to the original question can a bios also be programmed to adjust where and how the current flows through the board????? I do believe ABit had a problem with this on there IC7-Max series motherboard, also they had problems with capacitors on there older motherboards, but the OLD capacitors are in litigation right now (http://www.abitsettlement.com/) and they lost :)

Thanks

PS Can't be the capacitors as the box clearly states "finest Japanese quality

what ever happened to made in the good old USA!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

PS Can't be the capacitors as the box clearly states "finest Japanese quality

what ever happened to made in the good old USA!!!!!!!!!

Board would could cost $389.00 and probably wouldn't work any better :P But it WOULD have a bitchin "made in the usa" sticker on it....

Heres my trivial wisdom - I think that 2T sucks. If you don't tune to 1T you might as well

not have computers. I been doin this since the Amiga 1000 days (1985 for all u ahhhhh,

youngers') and 1T has ALWAYS been it. If you can rachet down the cpu, tune the mem to

1T at relaxed settings/high mhz, stable and at a certain vdim, then focus on the cpu and pump up the

vcore on it to get it higher WITHOUT changing the stable mem clocks/volts. Then u are

right on it. So the cpu and mem are really seperate. You have to treat them separate,

first ram then cpu. Thats all oc is man, this AINT fkin rocket science !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres my trivial wisdom - I think that 2T sucks. If you don't tune to 1T you might as well

not have computers. I been doin this since the Amiga 1000 days (1985 for all u ahhhhh,

youngers') and 1T has ALWAYS been it. If you can rachet down the cpu, tune the mem to

1T at relaxed settings stable and at a certain vdim, then focus on the cpu and pump up the

vcore on it to get it higher WITHOUT changing the stable mem clocks/volts. Then u are

right on it. So the cpu and mem are really seperate. You have to treat them separate,

first ram then cpu. Thats all oc is man, this AINT fkin rocket science !!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone happen to know which page had the advice for getting your videocard to run faster?

Mr OldGuy !!!!

Board would could cost $389.00 and probably wouldn't work any better But it WOULD have a bitchin "made in the usa" sticker on it....

So True and just so dam Funny (rofl)

You Rock with your witty wisdom :)

anyone happen to know which page had the advice for getting your videocard to run faster?

I don't know. I'm a 9800pro user and don't oc it. My kids have 6600gt's i run

through the the nvida "suggest" oc, it usually does the 1050/500 3d thing, i take

it for them. Their on that old xp mobile 2600+ oc'd to 2.4g. Some rig huh?

On the kt600 via chipset, works for them pretty good.

I want to tune it to 1t too but it won't work with the ram clocked to 200mhz. I could pull out 2 sticks but I kinda want 1.5gb of ram for my powerful cpu to play with. I don't really think 1t even works on my board as even 2 sticks of pc3200 have been unable to run 1t at pc3200 speed. Kinda annoying in my opinion but i'm getting almost 5k in sandra bandwidth and near fx57 scores in millions of instructions per second so im not really complaining. I think though in some cases 1t is completely outa the question on this board. Hopefully they can do something about that. This ram ran on my asus K8N perfectly fine with 1t.

This is ,instead,an answer to a remostrance mail:

Dear Customer

New revision motherboard is bug free, i.e. hare ware modification is done already. I suggest purchasing new revision motherboard.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

According to them I've to purchase another board??They have to RMA mine!!

I did some testing of Vcore fluctuation while running Prime95 Torture Blend Test. Once the test kicked in, the Vcore rose 0.017V from what it was at idle and sat there rock solid. No Low frequency AC nor High frequency AC components were detectable at the socket. Just pure DC. So, I'd say they are using sufficient filtering inductors and capacitors. It is not unusual for the output of a switching regulator to go up slightly when more current is drawn from it, which explains the 0.017V rise.

Hoot

Hoot, u da man...

Do you think this is good and do you think this is because you removed the resistor?

Thanks!