NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Wait is mack talking about the DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb if so does this apply to the NF3 Ultra-D boards as well. I talked to Frank Wong at DFI on the phone the other day and he wanted me to send my board in because he thought there was a hardware fix for my board but he wasnt sure about it and is checking to see if all problems could be fixed with a BIOS. I wonder If I should send mine back to NewEgg and get a NEO Platty.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Speedpc">I stayed up late cussing crossed wires and this beeatch of a booter I had and this morning I came in and turned on ups and hit power button> straight arse to windoors at 240x10 that I set last night with some TCCC memory I had. Fork me running. Then I shut-down from windoors and left UPS running and waited about 3 hours and came back and hit power button on the front of case> straight arse to windoors again. I just be hit with a stick on left ear. Only thing I doing different is no R716 and using HOOT's 1.525 voltage setting and no adds because that is plenty of voltage. Now I got to see if this works like this for a day or so on the 6.29 bios am still using since it came out.

RGone...

All bets are off (rofl) The dam thing booted fine this morning !!!!

must have know i was taking about it in the forums :)

The latest reply from Taiwan:

Dear Customer

Firstly, I apologize for the inadequate response in the previous mail. Please contact with your retailer and apply for RMA service. Probably hare ware modification is required. DFI engineer will take care of your board. Again, please accept my apologies.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

Well, I requested an RMA from Mwave this morning. I'm gonna sell some stuff and try and upgrade to NF4. I only had 2 days left to RMA so I decided to just ditch the board :(

I did have fun playing with this board though, good luck to those that keep it.

Well, I requested an RMA from Mwave this morning. I'm gonna sell some stuff and try and upgrade to NF4. I only had 2 days left to RMA so I decided to just ditch the board :(

I did have fun playing with this board though, good luck to those that keep it.

So you are not RMA'ing but returning for refund/exchange for NF4?

Bah, they want me to rma my board to fix the vcore problems and whatever else they need to do :sad: Would a bios update fix my problem not being able to change vcore, or is that a hardware issue on the motherboard? I'm gonna try and flash to a beta bios today and see if it fixes my vcore issue, any recomendations on which beta bios to try? Thanks in advance.

Empty

Bah, they want me to rma my board to fix the vcore problems and whatever else they need to do :sad: Would a bios update fix my problem not being able to change vcore, or is that a hardware issue on the motherboard? I'm gonna try and flash to a beta bios today and see if it fixes my vcore issue, any recomendations on which beta bios to try? Thanks in advance.

Empty

I think the most you may get out of a bios flash would be marginally more accurate vcore readings. Perhaps Rgone can tell you if one of the bios actually allows those who can't currently change vcore to do so...The farthest I ever got with 629 and 705 is seeing 1.330v in the bios...And the bios is all I ever got to see with those two ;)

Well I'm not exactly sure if this is good or not, but here it is.

I flashed to 705 BIOS today and my SuperPi 8M time went from 7:40 to 7:33 at stock everything.

Is that good or no?

The fact that you can actually get into windows is a good thing all by itself...

Well yea I can get into Windows.

Everthing works fine and is very stable.

Idle temp dropped by 1C.

HTT in CPU-Z is now also a little more stable. (before it would dispplay 202mhz when I had it set at 200)

I'll try a lil' OC and see what the results are.