NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

This is ,instead,an answer to a remostrance mail:

Dear Customer

New revision motherboard is bug free, i.e. hare ware modification is done already. I suggest purchasing new revision motherboard.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

According to them I've to purchase another board??They have to RMA mine!!

*CLAP*

oh yeah right its bug free... I really really wonder what they did to make it bug free and perfect since the 27th when it went on sale. That was like what 16 days ago.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ,instead,an answer to a remostrance mail:

Dear Customer

New revision motherboard is bug free, i.e. hare ware modification is done already. I suggest purchasing new revision motherboard.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

According to them I've to purchase another board??They have to RMA mine!!

ahhhhhhhh, can u post the email origination information. Cause I know you

want to be believed......

I want to tune it to 1t too but it won't work with the ram clocked to 200mhz. I could pull out 2 sticks but I kinda want 1.5gb of ram for my powerful cpu to play with. I don't really think 1t even works on my board as even 2 sticks of pc3200 have been unable to run 1t at pc3200 speed. Kinda annoying in my opinion but i'm getting almost 5k in sandra bandwidth and near fx57 scores in millions of instructions per second so im not really complaining. I think though in some cases 1t is completely outa the question on this board. Hopefully they can do something about that. This ram ran on my asus K8N perfectly fine with 1t.

No, I think you should get some good quality tccd. Funny, on all the nfx chipsets

they complain (ie value, kingston) on value memory. Its a nvidia thing, but even

via has problems. Its not like the old days, mobos now expect a minimum

quality. I wouldn't go for redline or super booster or any memory named after

"precious metal" either. I wouldn't go for ram with "lights" on them or other

circus type attractants.

Edit: now "redline" for example, what does that tell the consumer. Does it say

"hold the down arrow on fsb until ur hand hurts" in the bios, until u uh, redline, eh?

ahhhhhhhh, can u post the email origination information. Cause I know you

want to be believed......

If you are doubting Vaigas...

My email to DFI:

Good day Gentleman.

I have seen several emails posted at dfi-street.com from other forum members who own this board. I too own this motherboard and would like to have some clarification with regard to the "automated" response that has been sent out thus far.

"Dear Customer

Thanks for your letter of July 10. The board needs to be re-worked,

furthermore, new BIOS has been solved the problem. Please contact with

your retailer and apply for RMA service. I apologize for the

inconvenience may cause you.

Sincerely Yours truly,

DFI Inc."

"There are some hard ware design problems

with the board. The board needs to be re-worked, furthermore it is also

required updating BIOS to sort the bug out. One resistor must be taken

away, please refer to the picture. Again, I apologize for the

inconvenience may cause you.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support"

Will a new Revision of the board be released? Will a bios be released shortly to address the memory compatablilty issues, inaccurate voltage readings, inaccurate temperature readings and all of the other issues that have been brought to your attention?

I have spent easily 60 hours working with this motherboard and it has very good potential but it also has many many flaws that need to be addressed. I have spent many hours on the dfi-street.com website learning and helping other members get their systems up and running. A very common problem is the undervolting that is occurring. Most new users don't know enough to change voltage settings or even how to get into a bios. For some people the operating system cannot get all the way through the installation process for lack of voltage and this includes my system. Some membes are unable to make voltage adjustments manually without their systems crashing and are stuck with only being able to use the "voltage adjust" feature.

Many members including myself have very expensive memory modules that will not operate at 1T on this motherboard though they worked fine at 1T coming from other systems. This is a known issue and yet your 705 bios defaults to 1T when loading optimized defaults. For people like me who tested their memory at 1T before trying to install their operating systems it is very difficult to trouble shoot even though it is simple to switch from 1T to 2T, it is not immediately apparent that this needs to be done. Again, for someone building a computer for the first time this can only be a frustrating and unpleasant experience.

The board has plenty of other issues like a chipset cooler that needed to be replaced after less than a week. This is common and at least half a dozen members have had to find replacements. I recently re-installed my operating system utilizing a raid array using two Hitachi SATA drives. When I finally got all of the bios settings in order (they are confusing with regard to sata and sata 2 and which channels they control) the drives stopped disappearing and I was able to move forward with the install. I used memory that had previously been working fine at 1T for over a week in this motherboard. After I got the system installed I switched the memory setting to 1T and immediately my system crashed upon re-booting into windows. I repeat. THIS MEMORY WORKED FOR OVER ONE WEEK AT 1T WITH OVERCLOCKED SETTINGS WITH ZERO PROBLEMS. Can someone please explain this?

I have had some promising results but also many unsatisfactory ones as well with this board. I sincerely hope that your best and brightest are working hard to resolve these very real issues. The bios that have been released thus far, beta 629 and official 705, would not even allow me to boot into windows after loading optimized defaults. I was lucky enough to get back to my original 602 bios and will continue with this until a REAL, IMPROVED AND PROPERLY TESTED bios is released.

Will RMA'ing my board fix more than just a voltage regulation problem by removing the identified reisistor? Is this the only physical re-work that is required for this board at this time? Will all other issues be resolved with bios updates?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Sincerely,

Name Removed

DFI response:

Dear Customer

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

Issue NBR: C0530032-988

Believe it mister............................................

Old Guy> in print I see it but I still am having a hard time reading what I am seeing from my postion on the floor where I just fell to and must look upward past the edge of my computer desk. No shett man? There have to be some severly crossed wires here. I am talking major wire crossing. I am now going to have to see what in the hale is going on that I have not heard of like this.

RGone...

Old Guy> in print I see it but I still am having a hard time reading what I am seeing from my postion on the floor where I just fell to and must look upward past the edge of my computer desk. No shett man? There have to be some severly crossed wires here. I am talking major wire crossing. I am now going to have to see what in the hale is going on that I have not heard of like this.

RGone...

I posted this about 30 minutes ago in the wrong thread!!! As I expressed in the original post I was truly laughing out loud when I read it and re-read it...And then laughed some more :D Seriously tatered communication goin' on my friend...

But rest assured. I will NOT be rushing out to buy a NEW board :P

Actually, I was thinking more on terms of the transport history, sort of something

like this:

Return-Path:

Received: from edge6.adelphia.net ([207.67.38.23]) by mta7.adelphia.net

(InterMail vM.6.01.04.01 201-2131-118-101-20041129) with ESMTP

id <[email protected]>

for <PLEASE DO NOT POST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN OPEN FORUMS. WE GET SPAM. WE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUMS SO PLEASE RESPECT OURS.

THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE ADMINS>; Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:51:57 -0400

Received: from xtinmta004.exacttarget.com ([207.67.38.23])

by edge6.adelphia.net

(InterMail vG.2.00.00.01 201-2161-108-102-20050630) with ESMTP

id <20050712105156.SAHF13539.edge6.adelphia.net@xtinmta004.exacttarget.com>

for <PLEASE DO NOT POST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN OPEN FORUMS. WE GET SPAM. WE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUMS SO PLEASE RESPECT OURS.

THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE ADMINS>; Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:51:56 -0400

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

From: "CareerBuilder.com" <PLEASE DO NOT POST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN OPEN FORUMS. WE GET SPAM. WE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUMS SO PLEASE RESPECT OURS.

THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE ADMINS>

To: <PLEASE DO NOT POST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN OPEN FORUMS. WE GET SPAM. WE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUMS SO PLEASE RESPECT OURS.

THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE ADMINS>

Subject: Fresh jobs found in your field.

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:02:13 -0500

List-Unsubscribe:

MIME-Version: 1.0

Reply-To: CB

Content-Type: text/html;

charset="us-ascii"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7 bit

Hey RGone and AG if this turns out to be True about a new Rev board (which i'm sure it's not) would you help back the people to get a new one ?????? I'm sure the return policy is going to end soon for people that want to return them to MWave or NewEgg etc etc for a refund or RMA Thanks Just Wondering

Okay guys I'm lost as to where the "doubt" part is coming from...

Nineball, I ain't posting my email or the DFI technical support email address publicly. If you want to "believe" send an email yourself and track it however you so desire....................................................

Just posting what I was sent which is exactly what vaigas recieved which is probably what everyone else at this point in time would receive...

...Dear Customer

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

Issue NBR: C0530032-988

Don't they have the word "a" in chinease?

Okay guys I'm lost as to where the "doubt" part is coming from...

Nineball, I ain't posting my email or the DFI technical support email address publicly. If you want to "believe" send an email yourself and track it however you so desire....................................................

Just posting what I was sent which is exactly what vaigas recieved which is probably what everyone else at this point in time would receive...

Did that yesterday OG, so far no response. You must have the ear to god...

Heres mine, u doubt me?

PLEASE DO NOT POST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN OPEN FORUMS. WE GET SPAM. WE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUMS SO PLEASE RESPECT OURS.

THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE ADMINS

Subject: Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra problems

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:07:19 -0700

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0005_01C586D1.DEBA3800"

X-Priority: 3

X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C586D1.DEBA3800

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,

I purchaced the Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra board about almost 3 weeks ago =

and have nothing but problems with it.

It never boots up right away and has to be reset 3 times to boot into =

XP. The voltages are lower than what it says it=20

is. I am on the 602 bios. It won't take 1T cmd good at all even at stock =

settings. The system is unstable at stock

with frequent BSOD's.

The chipset fan grinds load all the time.

Is there hardware problems or bios problems?

How can this be fixed, am I doing something wrong?

I have my reciept and serial number. I bought from NCix in Canada on =

6-15-05.

I am using new SD 3700+, xp90-c heatsink, new Mushkin L2 V2 pc3200, =

2x512.

Thanks,

me

-----=_NextPart_000_0005_01C586D1.DEBA3800

Content-Type: text/html;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Man, Speedpc, you know good and well I am not touching that question with your hand much less mine. I have no frikken clue what in the world is coming out of tech in Taiwan and it will be so until I can get my bosses who speak the language can get a word that I can relate in english that makes sense of the situation. That is not nearly as rapid as I would often wish for. Wheels in the corporate sense seem to turn slow.

In the absolute true sense of the word; I am in the forums on 'my' time at my expense. As is AG is my guess. I have another job with DFI that is my real association with DFI. AG and I did the forum thing as a test to see how it would come out since we really intended to take a small portion of our own time and help a few users since we liked to help. So actually it is a fine line we walk to manage our responsibility to DFI the company and also participate in these forums.

Thankfully I am up off the floor to reach the keyboard to type this and will check this out as I am furnished information that makes sense of the crossing of wires I am believing at this time. Anything I would say other than what you have seen me just say is not going to be said. Well maybe shett far. D*mn, you don't say? That is about all I can say at this time. Will have to go and put my teeth in and wait for another day to dig this out.

RGone...

Hey RGone and AG if this turns out to be True about a new Rev board (which i'm sure it's not) would you help back the people to get a new one ?????? I'm sure the return policy is going to end soon for people that want to return them to MWave or NewEgg etc etc for a refund or RMA Thanks Just Wondering