NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically the only thing you solve by RMA is the vcore discrepancy? Personally, this is not my only system, but I don't feel like moving everything around for something like that. Right now my vcore is 1.52 in cpu-z; however, based upon what i've read here I understand it is probably really slightly lower. I haven't had the cold boot problem at all so I am assuming that theres no reason for me to RMA.

The latest reply from Taiwan:

Dear Customer

Firstly, I apologize for the inadequate response in the previous mail. Please contact with your retailer and apply for RMA service. Probably hare ware modification is required. DFI engineer will take care of your board. Again, please accept my apologies.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

its weird...my CPU seems to run fine at stock VCore

CPU-Z shows my VCore at 1.37v-1.39v...i have a newcastle...think the newcastle's are 1.5v...

i have e-mailed the retailer i bought my board off, to see how long he thinks the turn-around would be if i did RMA my board...if it won't be long, then i would prolly do it, once the new revision was out...

while, my computer is running really good, i would still prefer to have a bug-free board...ie, Vcore reading and Restarting from windows problems...

So are all of these boards defective and need to be RMA'd? I tried following this thread but its too huge and you guys are more technically savy than I so I have a hard time following whats being said.

I bought mine from Mwave the day it was released. So far its ran pretty well. I took it to a Lan Party last Saturday and it ran like a champ for over 12 hours.

I didn't buy it for overclocking features but for the cool UV glow of the sockets and so I could use my agp card. So Im running everything at default. I've encountered 2 issues so far.

1. My Razor Diamondback usb mouse doesn't always power up with WinXP. When this happens I have to replug it so it will power on.

2. On occasion even though I shut it down properly WinXP will do the scandisk thing when booting up . Don't understand why its doing this. I did a fresh install on a new drive with this upgrade.

So do I need to return it?

BEWARE

Yesterday I was turning voltages back to stock when I found that the board reads vcore incorrectly. I had selected what I thought was default and actually I selected +.07 when I booted up I noticed temps were at 57C so I checked voltages and they were at 1.55. This was my fault because I went throught the BIOS screen too fast and shopuld have taken my time but the voltage settings on this board are way screwed up. ALso I ran PCMARK 04 and 05 yesterday and neither of them could I publish my scores because I had unknown CPU and Motherboard I guess this board is not recognized by the software. ANd I also noticed on PCMark05 my harddrive scores were 0 which is weird as my system flys with the Raptor is anyone else experiencing this in PCMark.

So are all of these boards defective and need to be RMA'd? I tried following this thread but its too huge and you guys are more technically savy than I so I have a hard time following whats being said.

I bought mine from Mwave the day it was released. So far its ran pretty well. I took it to a Lan Party last Saturday and it ran like a champ for over 12 hours.

I didn't buy it for overclocking features but for the cool UV glow of the sockets and so I could use my agp card. So Im running everything at default. I've encountered 2 issues so far.

1. My Razor Diamondback usb mouse doesn't always power up with WinXP. When this happens I have to replug it so it will power on.

2. On occasion even though I shut it down properly WinXP will do the scandisk thing when booting up . Don't understand why its doing this. I did a fresh install on a new drive with this upgrade.

So do I need to return it?

I don't think "defective"...you are running stable with four sticks of ram and enjoying the board. I wouldn't rma it. The two things you noted could possibly be taken care of with a little extra voltage since they seem to be random...

This is ,instead,an answer to a remostrance mail:

Dear Customer

New revision motherboard is bug free, i.e. hare ware modification is done already. I suggest purchasing new revision motherboard.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

According to them I've to purchase another board??They have to RMA mine!!

Does Anyone know where to purchase this "bug free" revision???

-Mack

Guest Jonas
Does Anyone know where to purchase this "bug free" revision???

-Mack

which is the new bug free revision??? rev.B???

how much time the rma delay?????

bad english

I'm am considering this motherboard. Is there only one revision of the board? Also, it sounds like some hardware fixes are required... when will the new revision be available in retail?