Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hey Hoot

Did you notice or look for fluxuationd in Vcore after you removed the resistor?

I would really like to know this as well, because if it turns out it doesn't, and it's just calibration to get vCore on the right setting, then for me it honestly wouldn't be worth sending back the board for.

---dens

I would really like to know this as well, because if it turns out it doesn't, and it's just calibration to get vCore on the right setting, then for me it honestly wouldn't be worth sending back the board for.

---dens

Does the VCore actually fluctuate that much? Mine seems pretty stable most of the time. I know my temperature readout fluctuates a lot though.

I noticed on mine While in MEMTEST alot of times erros are occuring when the is a drop in current but to Vcore and memory... Prime on mine also fails during such fluxations..

Hey Hoot

Did you notice or look for fluxuation in Vcore after you removed the resistor?

No, it occured to me that I should check while I was Priming, but I never got around to it. I will do that this evening. I do know that before removing the resistor, the Vcore was relatively stable running Prime95, as measured at the CPU socket with a real voltmeter. I also check for voltage fluctuations in the frequency range not normally detectable to a digital multimeter by using a high speed digital oscilloscope. I wasn't too concerned with gathering that kind of information until DFI gets the memory issues resolved, since they are, in my case, of greater concern.

I have a gun club meeting this evening, but will have a look after I get home from it.

Hoot

My BIOS is reporting VCORE at 1.17 and using Ntune/Speedfan/Sisioft/Everest it is all over the map. What settings should I use that will safely get my chip to stock core voltage

EDIT my BIOS shows 6.00 PG 6/2/2005 in sandra is there another BIOS to fix this ?

My BIOS is reporting VCORE at 1.17 and using Ntune/Speedfan/Sisioft/Everest it is all over the map. What settings should I use that will safely get my chip to stock core voltage

EDIT my BIOS shows 6.00 PG 6/2/2005 in sandra is there another BIOS to fix this ?

1.17v is the lowest I've seen reported...most have reported 1.28~1.29v in the bios...

Rebelshaven's Voltage readings

Use Rebelshaven's actual measurements to get an idea of where to go with voltage....

Should I trust what is being reported in the BIOS ?

ANd what is my stock voltage supposed to be on this chip 1.30 ?

Rebelshaven's Voltage Measurements

Voltage for your processor is 1.35-1.4V......................according to what is listed for specs at newegg with regard to YOUR processor