NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nineball, I ain't posting my email or the DFI technical support email address publicly.

Me too,feel free to believe or not but two of us received the same automated answer...

Okay guys I'm lost as to where the "doubt" part is coming from...

Nineball, I ain't posting my email or the DFI technical support email address publicly. If you want to "believe" send an email yourself and track it however you so desire....................................................

Just posting what I was sent which is exactly what vaigas recieved which is probably what everyone else at this point in time would receive...

Hi compare, this is the replay that DFI give me:

The think are clear now:

Dear Customer

Thanks for your letter of July 12. Yes, this board needs hard ware modification. If you encounter the Vcore problem, please apply for RMA service. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

er...I'm floored as to such a response. I have no doubt it is authentic.

I've also asked TW to please clarify exactly what was meant in this email and either Rgone or I will be sure to allay your fears that this is genuine the instant we get some answer.

NineBall: its almost 2 in the morning and Im not really in the mood for it. The email was genuine. It is a miscommunication and Kent has said he has sent email to those that received it to alert them that it was a miscommunication. Accept it and quit acting foolish and posting the email address after you were asked not to.

If you have to have the email address, just look in Old Guy's sig. But don't be childish and post the email address after we've asked you not to, warned you not to, and explained why (would you like me to let your email address be spammed everywhere? no, you wouldn't).

Sorry AG man, don't really comprehend what your talking about.

Are you saying the thinly veiled mailto in Old Guys sig is the secret back door

to dfi support for this board?

Maybe bright letters and large fonts wouldn't attract so much attention then.

Even though it didn't give me one sentence of a reply..

Guess some get replys, some don't eh? funny

Sorry AG man, don't really comprehend what your talking about.

Are you saying the thinly veiled mailto in Old Guys sig is the secret back door

to dfi support for this board?

Maybe bright letters and large fonts wouldn't attract so much attention then.

Even though it didn't give me one sentence of a reply..

Guess some get replys, some don't eh? funny

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mailnew1.jsp...TYPE=US&SITE=NA

I Agree RGone now is probably not the time to speculate on that idea, but i was i no way trying to sound rude (i'm sure you agree) :) I was just wondering about worse case senerio

Well i'm gonna shut it down for the night (It's3am) wanna bet i have to turn off the switch on the PS in the morning for it to boot (lol) Place your bets lol Thanks Guys :) FREINDS !!!!!!

im saying that the link in his sig is the TW support site for DFI. I'm saying the email he and Vai received were legitimate emails but they were miscommunications from an engineer that is not a native english speaker. I'm saying don't go around posting the email address in an open forum as it is disrespectful. I'm saying if you want to give someone the email address, use the forum code for it or PM it to them.

Hello,

i've just received an answer from DFI about my mobo issues :

Dear Customer

Thanks for your letter of July 12. Yes, this board needs hard ware modification. If you encounter the Vcore problem, please apply for RMA service. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely Yours truly,

Tech Support

DFI Inc.

Issue NBR: C05XXXXX-981

Ok, there is just a little problem for me.

I live in France and this motherboard isn't sold in France. So, i bought it online in Germany.

the 7 day return period has now ended for me, and i reallly don't know how to deal with that problem now.

Well, if only i could know what has to be reworked.....

if i have to RMA only because of the Vcore resistor, i think i will do it myself.

i've everything needed to do it safely at work. (work in spatial industry)

Well, actually, i just want to know how many modification there is to do in order to make that mobo work fine.

i can do everything myself at work, (I will save money and time), but i really have to get some pictures and list of components (if needed).

Please, can someone help me to get that informations ?

This is the Email I sent this morning

Good Day Sir /Maddam

I recently purchased this board as a upgrade for my exsiting system. I have had numerous problem with it.. Including but not limited to

1, Cold boot problems(having to multible times having to apply reset button)

2,memory compatibility

3,At stock, and below stock setting( for the hardware I have)not being able to fully install operating system,And when I did get it fully installed having multible problems with it having to run Check Disk every time I do get it to boot,

4, Not able to 1T setting ,Even at stock settings

5, Voltage fluxation

6,Not able to use SATA ports 1&2... At any settings

7, Onboard lan cant get it to work( once manualy setting it after Reboot settings are lost)

8, Defalult Vcore not being read correctly( and after manual setting, Returns to different setting on Reboot)

9,can only use cpu vid pass through +.01,02,03,04 settings

10. Temp reading are not stable, very erratic

11 chipset fan has already had to be replaced

Dear Sir/Maddam

These are just a few of the problems I have had so far. On My part in a effort to limit the possibilities . I have purchased New Hard Drives, Replaced the new Hard Drives ect... Bought New Memory, Replaced it ..ect.. Bought new Sata cables.... Replaced them..

Tried three different Power Supplys.. All with a 430 watt rating( checked to make sure the Voltage from the Power Supplys ) was stable... Every one checked out to be good.

Tried Three different Proccesors..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the commponents I curently have in the system

Hard Drives.... 2 Seagate 80 gig 8Mb cash SATA

Processor.... AMD 64 3000 Venice core Rev E .model F

Memory... OCZ4001024ELDCGEC2-K 3,3,3,6 TIMING @ 9*200 @2.6 Volts

Power Supply... Antec truepower 430 watt

CPU cooling.... AMD stock fan and heat sink

CD Drives... Sony 40 time CD rom.. Sony 48*24*48 burning Rom

Floppy drive ... Sony 1.44 Mb

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have tried to no avail on my part to make sure I have checked out every possibity . I have read throught alot of Forums. to try to find awnsers, and or settings , to get this Motherboard to work correctly. I have just a few Questions if I may?

1, Can just a simple Bio's fix solve these problems?

2, If not when will we know some more information ?

3 How will this information be distributed

4 How will the RMA process work ?

5 Or is a new Revision of this board being made?

This is the Third DFI Motherboard I have Owned, And I have Llove all three previous experienced I have had with them.The quality was supurb with each. This board how ever I am having major problems with

Any information I can get would be very helpful

Sincerly

Kevin Cook

__________________________________________________________________________Sorry this post was so long , but that is the email i sent this morning