Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

This is the latest response from the HOME OFFICE!

Hi BJ,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in our product.

We are currently working on an updated BIOS. So, you could wait until the updated BIOS is ready before buying the board.

Please feel free to contact me again if I can be of further assistance. I thank you in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,

Ming-Huey Jeng

DFI San Jose

Marketing/PR Dept.

(510) 274-8000 x107

Guest NEC
So w/ all these problems would you guys still get this board?

Yes. I think it still is the best option . . . I want a decent OC and then to use it. I can live without 1T, with a "voltage converter table" and . . . what the hell, cold boot too ! :D

Just hoping TCCD will work fine and someone (luckily DFI) will get a decent BIOS out.

I'm planning to buy it in a month aprox, let's see what happens . . .

PS: it is 'roughly' my second machine built from scratch, too

This is the latest response from the HOME OFFICE!

Hi BJ,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in our product.

We are currently working on an updated BIOS. So, you could wait until the updated BIOS is ready before buying the board.

Please feel free to contact me again if I can be of further assistance. I thank you in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,

Ming-Huey Jeng

DFI San Jose

Marketing/PR Dept.

(510) 274-8000 x107

Well hey, that almost sounds promising. I'm still waiting for my board to arrive (should be here by tomorrow) and I hope a new bios that can address some of these issues when it comes out, or better yet, I'll get my board and have no problems what-so-ever with my configuration.... Here's hoping :)

I'm holding back on it. I don't feel like holding my breath for a decent BIOS to come for it.

We will probably have a Rev. B board out by that period of time.

I have had 3 of the boards and 705 does "exactly" as Old Guy says on all three of the boards in my possession.

RGone...

I too flashed to 705 without problems. I also flashed to 629 without problems. Flashing is not the problem, the bios creating a state of non-boot is.............boot and reboot and more reboot just to get rid of the bios...........That was my experience. And I couldn't give either of those bios the boot fast enough. That is on MY rig but others have had success but no one has reported ANY REAL IMPROVEMENT.

Only thing that truly pisses me off is everytime when you power on its

boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,OPERatingSYSTEM, ahhhhhhh.......

sometimes though if its not too cold its

boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,OPERatingSYSTEM, ahhhhhhh.......

(these are the good dayz)

I too emailed my complaint an weird wisdom style of 'splaini to dfi.

More out of, "i want to get on the mailing list" when fix's get handed out (jeez).

Ah Hah, I think I can recogize that rhythm!!!

boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,OPERat ingSYSTEM, ahhhhhhh.......

Like the big horns play. Oompah , Oompah and Oompah. A lot like that. Hehehee. I must be freeeken going nuts.

RGone...

Ah Hah, I think I can recogize that rhythm!!!

boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,boot,reset,OPERat ingSYSTEM, ahhhhhhh.......

Like the big horns play. Oompah , Oompah and Oompah. A lot like that. Hehehee. I must be freeeken going nuts.

RGone...

thats that fresh hot new sound coming out of Liverpool...no wait that was the Beatles...

seriously....that's almost word for word the chant/rhyme Rgone and I sing to each other on the telephone every other night...sad but true....

I have had 3 of the boards and 705 does "exactly" as Old Guy says on all three of the boards in my possession.

RGone...

From what I have seen. Those who managed to get the beta to work will not have any problems with the 07/05. For those who don't, nothing will work.

Such problems could means the board is having QC issues or that dreaded BIOS issue we have experience with NF4 UD back then........

From what I have seen. Those who managed to get the beta to work will not have any problems with the 07/05. For those who don't, nothing will work.

Such problems could means the board is having QC issues or that dreaded BIOS issue we have experience with NF4 UD back then........

I didn't have any issues with booting into windows with 627. I ran my computer at stock clocks on that bios for 2 to 3 days. Booted everytime. No bsods. Nothing. Never tried 628, went straight to 629 and barely got my system back. stayed with 602 until the 705 came out. Official POS which behaved just like 629. Thankfully I had my other puter going and Rgone gave me a heads up not to bother waiting on a long cmos clear...Thank you Rgone if I didn't say so earlier.

I will only reiterate what I have said since 705 came out and that is NONE of the bios have anything positive to offer and they are not worth risking the flash. For those that have been lucky and got some measure of positini, well I think it is just that. LUCK. And a little placebo affect to go along with it ;)

I have a question !!! This no post when booting the computer (some call it cold boot) is really driving me crazy, if you shut it down and restart it right away it is fine, which for me was good since my boards fermented (:)

I have a question !!! This no post when booting the computer (some call it cold boot) is really driving me crazy, if you shut it down and restart it right away it is fine, which for me was good since my boards fermented (:)

You are getting this condition even in a non OC'd scenario? Can't be the capacitors as the box clearly states "finest Japanese quality" :D Sorry...I just always find it amusing reading that lil tid bit on the box ;)

The only time I've ever experienced that condition was overclocked and even then it has been a rarity in my case...Not the norm. By firing up the system using the power button it should in essence have the same effect as turning the power supply off and on. It shouldn't matter that the capacitors have discharged over night or at least to me it doesn't sound "logical"... As a for instance you are told to unplug the power supply before changing your memory and also to depress the power switch to discharge the capacitors...I don't know. Just seems that plugging it back in and turning the power switch to the "on" position wouldn't send that much of a "charge" through all the capacitors...Try turning it on tomorrow with the power switch on the motherboard itself??? Can't hurt to try it and don't really know what difference it would make but it is something "different".... :D

Not much of an electrician :D:D:D