NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Well yea I can get into Windows.

Everthing works fine and is very stable.

Idle temp dropped by 1C.

HTT in CPU-Z is now also a little more stable. (before it would dispplay 202mhz when I had it set at 200)

I'll try a lil' OC and see what the results are.

hmmm I think I may try this BIOS tonight maybe it will fix my VCORE reads.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh, i flashed to 628 bios using winflash and shutdown the computer, reset cmos, turned it back on everything worked, went into bios loaded optimized defaults booted into windows fine, but i noticed my chipset fan wasn't spinning so i powered off computer and resetted my graphics card and tried to turn comp on but there is just one looong beep. PLease help!!!

Guest Swagman6531

Alright everyon listen up.... two things!! One, if you have TCCD memory then you scored because the newer and newer BIOS versions are running better and faster for just about only that group of users. If you have any other type nomatter how fast then by all means neccessary don't venture beyond the original 602 version. If you have TCCD and are running dual channel in a later BIOS version (eg. 705,629) then follow this placement format:

a:if you are clocking your memory at stock speeds up to a slight overclock (200mhz-240mhz) then place them in the yellow slots. You will find that you can now run at a command rate of 1T. :nod: Now that's also only if your memory could handle that setting to begin with.

b. If you are clocking your memory pair at high FSB speeds regardless of timings then only use the orange slots. (about 240-250mhz+).

Now if you TCCD owners follow this layout closely then you just might be amazed. These clock speeds that I used as reference points are just a rough guess based on my own tests so dont' hold me to that but the concept of the odd layout is very important to follow.

It breaks down to this.... TCCD memory is capable of hitting very high frequencies but they will reach a point where they start to fiz out nomatter how loose you change the timings. Thats because a normal signal strength being pumped through these chips at high speeds cause them to start go unstable. Now by placing them in the orange slots (the weaker signal strength ones) TCCD mem can hit very high FSB, but because these slots carry the weaker signal the same chips are unable to run stable at stock speeds. I hope this isn't too confusing but just remember this

Orange slots=weak signal=good for TCCD at high FSB but not stock speeds

Yellow slots=strong signal=good for stock speeds and 1T but bad for higher FSB.

@Old Guy- how did you manage to remeove your NB HSF without breaking

anything? I too have become a statistic because ot these dumb fans

Guest Swagman6531

@Old guy... yeam I'm passed all that. It is adhered so tightly to the NB and those capacitors around the edges of the HS are keeping me hesitant from just twisting it off. :confused:

@Old guy... yeam I'm passed all that. It is adhered so tightly to the NB and those capacitors around the edges of the HS are keeping me hesitant from just twisting it off. :confused:

Sorry :) Mine came off pretty easy. I think I just worked up one corner a little then another. I would avoid "twisting" it because that thin little layer of bubble gum they have in there doesn't cover the entire surface and you might scratch the chip surface. Just secure the mobo as well as you can on a flat surface (preferably the original antistatic bag underneath it) and just work your way around it. Take yer time, it'll come off...

Sorry :) Mine came off pretty easy. I think I just worked up one corner a little then another. I would avoid "twisting" it because that thin little layer of bubble gum they have in there doesn't cover the entire surface and you might scratch the chip surface. Just secure the mobo as well as you can on a flat surface (preferably the original antistatic bag underneath it) and just work your way around it. Take yer time, it'll come off...

Is there good contact between the heatsink and the chip? I'm reluctant to just pull it off because of the tight confinements and the fear of ruining my board. I'm also comforted by the fact that the chipset heatsink on the NF3 250 is a passive heatsink, and not a very good passive heatsink at that. I believe last time I found a heatsink like that was on my old ECS K7S5A.

Anyways I tink I might just go out and buy some new 40mm fans. I just reliazed those $10 Hard drive coolers all run 40mm fans :nod:

as soon as I turn my HTT to 240 the computer stands for 1-4 secs then freeze's. Any idea why this might be happening? I got a DFI NF3 Ultra-D mobo...and a 480WATT powersupply...BTW i tried putting a divider and still no luck....as soon as it hits 235-240 it ffreezes after a couple of seconds.. BTW this is in windows...in BIOS I can't even go over 210HTT

as soon as I turn my HTT to 240 the computer stands for 1-4 secs then freeze's. Any idea why this might be happening? I got a DFI NF3 Ultra-D mobo...and a 480WATT powersupply...BTW i tried putting a divider and still no luck....as soon as it hits 235-240 it ffreezes after a couple of seconds.. BTW this is in windows...in BIOS I can't even go over 210HTT

Set LDT to 3X. Set AGP to 67. Give it a boost of voltage...